THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One day I'm going to go to this show. Have wanted to for the past three years, but never have the Vacation time or cash to do all the things I want.
Looks like 4 P-47's this year. Would love to see a formation of 4 P-47's doing a flyby.

I caught the tail-end (har) of some formation flying of a P-47 and an F-14 back in '05 at the Alliance Air Show over in Ft. Worth. Man, what I wouldn't give to know the tricks for getting those pics without any tourists lounging under the wings of the '17!!!!!!!! And that '38...you sure know how to give a guy a woodie!

:occasion5:

Yep, crowds don't seem to know much about someone else trying to take a pic of an aircraft. My peeve is standing in front of an aircraft with camera up to eye and some joker just walks in front of you. Feel like just chewing them out, but refrain and try to wait to a break in the clueless walkerbyes.

Thats the nice thing about thunder is that they give you an hour before the gates open for just 100 people to get up close to the aircraft. it costs alittle more but worth it.

Thanks Heinz. Thunder over Michigan is one of the best shows I have ever attended. The only way to go is with a photo pass to get in early. The photo pit pass is also a great deal. The photo pit is at the end of the runway, away from the crowd with a beer tent....yes beer was included....:).
My brother in-law was stationed at the NAS in Ft Worth in the early 2000. They were involved with a Boy Scouts and sold pizza at the yearly air show one year. I was able to get on the flight line 2 hours prior to the show to take pictures. There were only about 8 other people on the flight line and I still had to wait for people to move out of the way. Does anyone else go crazy when people stick their fingers in the weapons?

DBII

It was confirmed yesterday that the lone star flight musuems P-47 Tarheel Hal will be at thunder so if all goes well, that puts six thunderbolts on the schedule. That would make a very nice formation shot if possible.

The only time your not allowed around the aircraft is when there moving for the show. Safety reasons you know.

Hmmmmm, six thounderbolts and only one 109, seems alittle unfair.

Another great show this year. I'll have some pics to post later. I havent' gone through all 1300 of them. It was definatly cool to see the only two flying liberators in the world in formation together. Even though the photo's didn't come out all that well since we were hit and miss with weather all weekend. The morning were clear and blue and the afternoons were " is that shower gonna hit us or not ". Anyway I hope to have some good stuff to post.

Here's a couple of pics you might like. The liberators flew a little late in the day causing some lighting issues but to be there was a treat. I do have some four ship 47's pics as well if interested.

Attachments

• .12.jpg
    .12.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 92
  • aug.08 334.1.jpg
    aug.08 334.1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 98
  • aug.08 253.1.jpg
    aug.08 253.1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 95
Love the "new" Old Crow P-51. Quad C-47 pics would be awesome. If I don't get to Colorado Elk hunting next fall I'm going to this show instead. Last three years have looked awesome fromt he few pics I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back