Thunderbolt photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some P47 photos from the Willow Run Airshow in Ypsilanti, MI USA...

171391162_RnNPG-L.jpg

171402078_wgjRH-L.jpg

86694910_BcVg5-L.jpg

86694936_cDHyd-L.jpg

349243513_o7qsE-L-1.jpg

349243856_F5Nsd-L-1.jpg

349273681_hysZS-L.jpg

more can be seen at paul evans' photos- powered by SmugMug

4 jugs in one place? Exciting! That's got to be one of my favorite American aircraft. Sleek, beautiful, lines.

Jeezuz
look at the size of it, compared to that marshal out front

Lots of complimentary words I would use to describe the Jug, I'm not sure 'sleek' would be one of them...

Nightwitch is an interesting choice of handle, have you read the book? It's in my pile...

That is great collection of photo's there !.

The Jug is pretty impressive bit of kit, but then it does weigh in at 7 tons. When the 'other side' first came across the Jug, they thought they could do their usual trick and roll inverted and dive away if things got out of hand.

Only problem was.....nothing, but nothing, outdived the Jug when the dude in the hot seat firewalled the loud lever and dropped the nose....as many opposing fighters found out too late.

Got any more shots ?

Jeezuz
look at the size of it, compared to that marshal out front

Lots of complimentary words I would use to describe the Jug, I'm not sure 'sleek' would be one of them...

Nightwitch is an interesting choice of handle, have you read the book? It's in my pile...

Well, I just think it's sleek and sexy compared to ugly planes like the P-51 and the Spitfire, that's all.

As for the book, I don't know which you're referring to. I take my handle from the Nachthexen, the Russian women pilots of the 588th NBAP.

Well, I just think it's sleek and sexy compared to ugly planes like the P-51 and the Spitfire, that's all.

As for the book, I don't know which you're referring to. I take my handle from the Nachthexen, the Russian women pilots of the 588th NBAP.
Well
I guess it's in the eye of the beholder... :)

The book in question is indeed

Night Witches
The Untold Story of Soviet Women in Combat
Bruce Myles
ISBN: 0 89141 125 9

It's quite an oldie, I picked it up in a second-hand bookstore and stamped across the forward edges of the pages of the book (when closed) is:-

Station Library
US Naval Security Group Activity
FPO New York 09518

so it came a long way just to land in my to-read pile...

Well
I guess it's in the eye of the beholder... :)

The book in question is indeed

Night Witches
The Untold Story of Soviet Women in Combat
Bruce Myles
ISBN: 0 89141 125 9

It's quite an oldie, I picked it up in a second-hand bookstore and stamped across the forward edges of the pages of the book (when closed) is:-

Station Library
US Naval Security Group Activity
FPO New York 09518

so it came a long way just to land in my to-read pile...

Yeah, that one's not bad. If you look on my Pe-2 picture thread you'll see a couple of better ones.

Very nice... I'd love to hear the rumble of 4 Bolts. Thanks for posting.

I've always thought the one with the orange tail "tar heel hal" was ugly. I dont care that it is historically accurate. It was ugly then too! It looks looks about as fearsome as a P-26...

i could use these as a siggy if i ever change it

Great shots, SlowDown! I hope to see a D model (or few) at a future airshow. Here's the only decent P-47 pic I have, of the older "razorback" version.

p47a.jpg

Best,

Michael

I'm afraid this is just a static example of P-47 Thunderbolt on display in Aeronautical museum in Belgrade (Serbia). But still.... its a Jug. 8)

Attachments

• img_ 017.jpg
    img_ 017.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 66
  • img_ 048.jpg
    img_ 048.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 65
  • img_ 080.jpg
    img_ 080.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 65
  • img_ 082.jpg
    img_ 082.jpg