Time to buy a new van

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd go for '32, '34, '36 or '40 Ford or a '39 Chevy....
Fords with flatheads, possible Ardun heads, nicely 'blueprinted' or what it's called again, to keep them going smoothly, four on the floor, whitewalls, spoke or babymoons...
Same for the '39 Chevy, but possibly with smooth running '348....

Mine is not a classic........ yet. It's a 1997 VS, like the VR on that site, but all white! New rebuilt V6, just rebuilt the diff, I luvit! I had '65 El Cminos when I was in the States..... little street rods kinda souped up.

Nice looker Bill

p1050537v.jpg

This will do me nicely. Not flash but, a solid workhorse.
Get a ladder rack and I'm good to go :)

400.jpg

You live in the UK and don't know what a P plate is............ How about L plates........

Learner and Provisional licenses??????

Oh, I thought the 'P' plate in Aus may have meant something else....I'm too polite to say what I thought it may mean :)

I can't say in here what I think about them!
And how about not being allowed to drive a Standard shift without a sign off??????????
Or having to have an Engineering certificate if you change from a three seat bench to two Bucket seats!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

****Oh "L" plates.............. you have to keep a friggin LOGbook and log your Training hours...... training by your drunkin uncle Bob no less. Or some other idiot family member who can't drive! Geez, don;t get me started.

Last edited:
We have 2 car licences, 'full' meaning you can drive a manual or auto or 'Automatic only' which limits the licence holder to autos only.

Most people have a 'full' licence.

If you alter any part of a car, like changing seats. you have to tell your insurance company and if necessary get it checked and approved by a qualified person.

PIA ? you bet.

The Only good thing I have found Over Here, is the fact every car has to have an annual Safety inspection to renew the rego!
And that Inspection for engineering is about 400 f'n dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to replace a bench seat!
Tires, brakes, lights, belts......... At least we don;t have to have the godawful sticker on the windsheild!

When seems almost to good to be true it usually is...that is the case with the Transit van. The DMF is rattling too much for my liking...
The seller was adamant that a solid flywheel had been fitted.
Not it hasn't I said....listen to the rattle on idle... stop talking at me and ****ing listen.

Back to the drawing board.

DMF's are the bane of all modern diesels Jan. A good idea poorly executed....
Solid Fly wheels are an option but, the shock of drive take up is taken by the gearbox instead.
Win on one hand lose on the other...

Evan, Toyota seel the Hi Ace panel van here. Thats worth a look.
Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back