Tips.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got here a few days ago and I already built it, unfortunately it's pre-painted, could I paint over it without much trouble do you think?

A couple of pictures would be welcome... of course you can re-paint her but yuo have to pay your attention to a kind of paints you are going to use and colours the model was pre-painted. There are kinds of paints that can't be applied one over one.

But could you tell me what kit you had ordered? May be it would be easier to buy a standard plastic kit offered by one of many manufacturers..... ????

Last edited:
I got it for my birthday (it was 2 weeks late), the box said Smithsonian on the top, I'll get some pics. Also, you guys know if the brand Revell is any good? Was thinking about picking 1 or 2 of those up because building this one was fun (but a little boring as it was like 6 pieces.) and want to start doing this more.

attachment

mail

I'll give more if you want. It was my first model so it's not perfect, gonna buy another one soon (probably a better one)

Last edited by a moderator:
um, the first pic is upside down and I can't fix it, open it in a new tab and it's right side up again.

It's showing up fine here, anyone else not seeing it?

No there is no need to do that. I think not all laptops can display pictures via the mail google. Are you registered memeber of the mail? You may see them if you are logged in there. Others not logged in , can have a trouble with that. Therefore I would suggest uploading pictures directly on the forum server.

it's upside down again, but it looks like opening it in a new tab flips it back over again for some reason.

I know, they're super loose, I tried everything, the screws are as tight as they can be, the wheels are in perfectly straight, but they just won't stay upright, they stay in the stowed position fine but they won't stay at the proper (90*) angle to save their tiny plastic lives.

To be honest it's one of the worst replics of the nice plane I have ever seen. In my humble opinion you have wasted your money. Instead of this you should have bought one of the nice plastic kits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back