Tips.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My little brother got it for me, I'm looking at getting a revell, are they any good? (PS, he only had $9 so I thought it was nice he spent all of it for my bday)

I read the whole article, and I think I'll get it, I dont really aim to win a contest, but probably after the move. Now just to decide wether to get the P-40 E or C (they make both). Decisions decisions.

quarter on edge copy.jpg

Just a thought on your P-40. Have you tried to superglue the landing gear into place?

Geo

Yeah, but not sure if I want them in and on a stand or out and free-standing, which looks better generally?

Couple of comments:

1) I can´t wait for the pics showing the progress!.
2) I always advice: think about the model as a discrete number of sub assemblies: cockpit, landing gear, stabilizer, wings (plus fuselage) and have always your view in the sub assemblie you are workin in. Don´t jump (fror example) from landing gear to cockpit in the same session.

Good luck!

Last edited:
While I havent picked a specific plane, I want to paint it like a PTO plane for sure. Still researching

That was what I was thinking, my top 3 contenders are: a Burma Banshee, (the one on my sig), a Flying tiger, or a 44th/68th P-40 that fought at Guadalcanal. what do you guys think?

To be honest if it's your first kit, just go with what the kit gives you until you get a feel for it... No sense in spending money on extra decals for first one. My first 5 builds were OOB before I bought extra decals. I think the REVELL P-40 comes with flying tiger decals but I buolt mine in RAF markings and it was long ago so I may be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back