To piss on the French...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

still in business eh ? I guess that is good, being down in the south there is NO good steak eating out Rest. gotta put one on the BBq or as mentioned oven done

I make my Prime Rib both ways. Depends on my mood I guess and who is eating it with me. I normally do it in the oven. I cut little slits in there and put whole cloves of Garlic in the slits and coat it with some oil and slow cook it in the oven. Then I take the juices and make a little sauce. Damn it allways turns out great, medium rare, juicy and tendor with amazing flavor!

Garlic, that's the trick with any good roast. Does wonders.

Old bay, garlic, Oil and slow cook. Do you do the trick where you run the temp up to 500F for 20 minutes and then slow cook for a hour or so after? Works great.

I have not tried that way yet. I normally use the Old Bay (when I dont use it, I try other rubs), and I allways use the garlic and oil and slow cook.

I've got a wet smoker, but have never thought about doing a prime rib in it. I've only done pork spareribs, kielbasa, ham and beans (excellent!). Ribs are smoked at about 225 for over 8 hours and literally the meat falls off the bone. Oh yeah, and to maintain focus, piss on the french.

Right.

Screw the french.

Like the idea of the 8 hour at 225 for ribs. Found a way of doing ribs where I put beef bullion in a pot, add a couple of sliced onions and other seasonings. Essentially, you make a basic french onion soup. Then, toss the ribs (cut to single ribs) in there and let the cook on a slight boil for about an hour. Take them out, hit 'em with the BBQ Sauce and give them a quick scorching on the grille. Meat also just falls off and the taste out OUTSTANDING.

Screw the french.

Here is how we do it in the winter time. Really great fun, the snow is falling outside and inside the fire keeps you warm and toasty. Good beer, whiskey and beef and pork!

Oh yeah and piss on the french! Litterally! :lol:

Attachments

• grill.JPG
    grill.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 69
  • grill2.JPG
    grill2.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
Adler, way cool! Looks like something out of a woodsy setting somewhere. Would love to park my butt down, drink some beer and shoot the breeze. We got a cheeseball snow storm over Sunday night. A dusting. Not worth even shoveling. But that looks outstanding.

Screw the french.

Well, Catsup could be useful if you plan on eating French Fries with your beef... Unless you do like the Dutch and eat your fries with mayonnaise...

Attachments

• Hellmanns_20Real_20Mayonnaise_20400g.jpg
    Hellmanns_20Real_20Mayonnaise_20400g.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 57
give me some blue cheese any day with fries, I swear the bottle top to the right looks like catsup

Well, Catsup could be useful if you plan on eating French Fries with your beef... Unless you do like the Dutch and eat your fries with mayonnaise...

Well if I eat French Fries I eat them with Mayo like all good Germans do! Yeah Yeah I know I am American too.

But I would never eat French Fries with a good steak or pork steak. Not when I have potatos in tin foil in the coals and good German potato salad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back