Tomcat forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DoUvUlX.jpg

I'm telling you we need the tomcat back
I feel your pain, honest. The Tomcat is just on the other side of obsolete. A hot, still capable plane (ask a veteran Iraqi Air Force pilot) BUT the other guys now have its number. I felt the same way when the USN replaced the Phantom with some ridiculous high-tech tactical Tinkertoy called the F-14. The new plane turned out to be better than the F-4 for a changing environment. Things change. The USN needed the Tomcat then. I thought replacing the F-14 with the Hornet was purely cost cutting leaving us with a lesser plane. It may be a slower plane but it ain't that slower. Aerial conflict is always evolving. Technology got us a very capable successor to the F-14 in the Super Bug.
It took some patient convincing by FlyboyJ to get me to understand that the F-35 is a very capable airplane despite it not being what I think a fighter should be. FJ has a soft spot for the F/A-18 too but with the F-35, it's even better. It ain't the days of Secretary John Lehman pushing for the 600 ship navy. It's more like Skynet than the Red Baron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back