Tomcat forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blasphemous! The F-22 is a thing of beauty! I am in awe every morning I see her.

I agree on the F-35 though. Ugly little sister.

So close and yet so far away ...

ccdb535a197263543e77fef2310566fdc1709ab8&rid=giphy.gif

I rather have minmal return then spend billions on something we didnt and dont need

That is why you do not run a military. Thankfully too, I might add.

1. You would have an antiquated air force with a 20% mission capable rate.

2. Your enemies would have far superior capabilities.

3. A lot of good men and women would die because of your poor decision making and leadership.

But hey, as long as you look good while you are being blown from the sky is all that matters right?

But it would be cheaper then buliding the F-18

NO!

It would not! Do you understand what it costs to fly a combat aircraft. Jet fuel, training, maintenance!

Over time you are going to spend more just trying to keep them flying. Over time aircraft become more expensive to operate and maintain.

You are also still failing to understand that the F-14's capabilities have been eclipsed.

But it would be cheaper then buliding the F-18

Wrong again. The F-18 is made from better materials and fewer parts. It also takes less time to build. The F-18 is cheaper to build, operate, and maintain while providing greater capabilities.

Why do I feel like we all sound like a broken record? lol

Seriously, lets put this to bed.

The F-14 was an amazing aircraft for its day. I loved it. It is actually my favorite post war jet fighter ever built.

The Tomcat however is now outclassed and obsolete. That is no knock on it. That is simply what happens to all warbirds. Every sexy hot girl is eventually passed over by a hotter newer one. It's the circle of life.

In regards to cost, the jigs used to build the F-14 were destroyed so you have that added expense as well.

I will however point out it would be much cheaper to build jigs for an F4F. But if you're really worried about cost we could go back to the Sopwith Camel. Not sure it could carry 2 x AIM 120's but I'm pretty sure we can duct tape at least one on it. We'd have to add then move a radio but that will change the CoG, but we can add a groundhog as a counter balance.

Would not need a catapult so the carriers could be smaller.

I rather have minmal return then spend billions on something we didnt and dont need
Want to know what happens when you have an air Force that's loaded with "cool" but out-dated equipment?

Check out the air war between Iraq and the Coalition during Desert Storm.

The Iraq air Force was virtually eliminated not in months or weeks, but days...

Want to know what happens when you have an air Force that's loaded with "cool" but out-dated equipment?

Check out the air war between Iraq and the Coalition during Desert Storm.

The Iraq air Force was virtually eliminated not in months or weeks, but days...
Then how is moldiva and crotia still flying migs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back