Tomcat forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Then how is moldiva and crotia still flying migs

Because they don't have the money to upgrade?

What do you think will happen to Croatia or Moldiva if they fight someone who modernized their fleet?

I notice you are ignoring the majority of posts in this thread…

Last edited:
Because they don't have the money upgrade?

What do you think will happen to Croatia or Moldiva if they fight someone who modernized their fleet?

I notice you are ignoring the majority of posts in this thread…
And will continue to you will never convince me that the tomcat needsed to be replaced because it didnt

Then how is moldiva and crotia still flying migs
I own and drive a 1962 Chevrolet Nova, but there's absolutely zero chances that I could beat a 2021 Dodge Hellcat at the light.

It is fun to drive with it's highly modified straight-6 engine, looks great parked at car shows and gets alot of attention.

Back in the 80's, my Nova was a terror on the street scene, BUT it simply cannot compete with modern muscle cars and their technology decades later nd I'm not willing to dump mega bucks into it to make it able to be competitive by today's standards. I could literally by a new car for what it would cost.

The same goes for military aircraft. What was once top-tier gets eclipsed by new technology.

Otherwise, everyone would still have F-86s, MiG-15s and Me262s...

Ignoring facts, and making up your "alternative facts" only leads to ignorance. You have the right to remain so if you choose. You are the one who has to live with it.
It is fast has heck has one of the best missles we ever made and it looked good doing it

You also demonstrate a complete lack of understanding in aerospace technologies, development, and basic military strategies.

That is honestly not meant as an insult either. I assume you are simply a young kid, who thinks war fighting is like playing a playstation game. I think (hope) as you get older you will start viewing things differently. Stick around here long enough, and maybe we can help with that. You have to be willing to open your mind, though, and use some critical thinking (which I am sure you are fully capable of).

And on that note my friend, I will not waste any more of my time with this discussion until you are ready to listen.

It is fast has heck has one of the best missles we ever made and it looked good doing it

Last words:

That means nothing when the majority of your fleet is grounded for maintenance issues, and when it does fly is eclipsed by better aircraft. There is more to combat flying than speed, and the AIM-54 is unreliable and now obsolite.

We are blessed here to have an actual former USAF fighter pilot in our community. BiffF15 BiffF15 used to fly F-15 Eagles. Maybe he will waste his time, and you will listen.

One of the toughest things in life to learn is realizing when you're wrong. It's even tougher to admit it. It's not a win-lose thing.
You have no idea how lucky you and I are to participate with these guys. All I have is an occasional brilliant insight. They REALLY know this stuff. They get PAID to know this stuff. These are the guys that aviation folks go to when aircraft are on the line. l take them at their word on things with wings. If you're talking about stuff that is purely subjective like "the B-70 is the most awesome looking plane ever", that's when you stand your ground!

One of the toughest things in life to learn is realizing when you're wrong. It's even tougher to admit it. It's not a win-lose thing.
You have no idea how lucky you and I are to participate with these guys. All I have is an occasional brilliant insight. They REALLY know this stuff. They get PAID to know this stuff. These are the guys that aviation folks go to when aircraft are on the line. l take them at their word on things with wings. If you're talking about stuff that is purely subjective like "the B-70 is the most awesome looking plane ever", that's when you stand your ground!
I am standing my ground the Tomcat is the only naval fighter we need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back