Tomcat forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm telling you we need the tomcat back
I feel your pain, honest. The Tomcat is just on the other side of obsolete. A hot, still capable plane (ask a veteran Iraqi Air Force pilot) BUT the other guys now have its number. I felt the same way when the USN replaced the Phantom with some ridiculous high-tech tactical Tinkertoy called the F-14. The new plane turned out to be better than the F-4 for a changing environment. Things change. The USN needed the Tomcat then. I thought replacing the F-14 with the Hornet was purely cost cutting leaving us with a lesser plane. It may be a slower plane but it ain't that slower. Aerial conflict is always evolving. Technology got us a very capable successor to the F-14 in the Super Bug.
It took some patient convincing by FlyboyJ to get me to understand that the F-35 is a very capable airplane despite it not being what I think a fighter should be. FJ has a soft spot for the F/A-18 too but with the F-35, it's even better. It ain't the days of Secretary John Lehman pushing for the 600 ship navy. It's more like Skynet than the Red Baron.

Users who are viewing this thread