Train Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• 3985E.GIF
    3985E.GIF
    273.4 KB · Views: 70
Drrroooool! Norfolk Western, THE railroad that made me fall in love with US railroads from the start..! J's, A's and Y's.....

The one with the turntable, isn't that Clinchfields ex Dante yard, in that narrow valley? That railroad is a favorite of one of my best friends in Sweden, he's now also a DL&W/Erie/Erie-Lackawanna fanatic...!

Excellent pics, keep 'em coming!

You know something Lucky, for living half a world away you know way too much about this area, WOW. Yes, that is the yard at Dante along with the previous photo. I will definitely be posting more. I'm glad you all like'em.:cool:

Thanks syscom, that's all I have for now. I'm trying to plan a trip to Roanoke, VA. to the Transportation Museum, hopefully withing the next month. Until then I'll keep running the roads catching them as I can.:)

Roanoke! That's one of my Mecca's! :notworthy: What it must have been like when N&W built their A's, J's and Y's there, IIRC, it was a massive complex wasn't it? That and Milwaukee Road's own shops, with some newbuilt class A 4-4-2 Atlantics and Hiawatha's OR the later F-7 4-6-4 Hudsons...! :notworthy:

Soooo, looking forward to the pics..!

Btw, running "Hammerhead" N&W/Southern style is the right way of doing it, especially with SD-45's! 8)

Almost forgot...:oops: Fantastic pics mate!

From 1988 to 1984 I worked on a small tourist railroad called the Kalamazoo Lake Shore Chicago. It had 14 miles of "main line" from Paw Paw to Hartford, MI. At the high point we had tourist, dinner, and freight trains on this line.

KLS&C 85 was an ex-Santa Fe 2110 GP-7. This was the engine I learned engineering on.

Ex-Santa Fe 2066 2067 GP-7s were assigned to our first dinner train. It was fun running these engines.

KLS&C 95 was an ex-Chicago North Western E-8A. She was a real challenge to run. She was assigned to our second and best dinner train.

96A was an FP-7A. She replaced 95. She was a bit slippery on the rails, but would get the job done.

Huron and Eastern 104 was our last dinner train engine. That dinner train was a sad joke! But the engine ran well.

While this isn't the same as flying a P-51 Mustang, I still felt like a kid in a candy store with an American Express Card!

Bill G.

Attachments

• ATSF 2067 b ds resized.jpg
    ATSF 2067 b ds resized.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 64
  • ATSF 2066 b ds resized.jpg
    ATSF 2066 b ds resized.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 96A resized.jpg
    96A resized.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
  • KLS&C 95 resized.jpg