Translation needed - Ta151H manual (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A

Anonymous

Can one of you fluent in German translate this for us?

=S=

Lunatic

Attachments

• ta152h_manual_837.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 320
Excellent!

Thank you :)

=S=

Lunatic

PS: There are more German docs for possible translation - but this seemed the most interesting choice to start with.

There are several German speaking members of this forum. Hopefully they will in fact check the translation carefully and correct any errors. It is important that such a translation be as literal as possible.

I'm sure delcryos will do the best he can. Then Erich and Adler and others will review it for perfection :shock:

:D

Lunatic

Of course he will. But lets not minimize the task. Translation of technical documents can be difficult, especially those 60 years out of date. Terminology evolves and not everthing translates easily.

=S=

Lunatic

Yes. Double checking is needed. Do You have a contemporary english manual (P39/P47/P51) for comparison of some terms? And do you want metric in the translation? Thanks.

delcyros said:
Yes. Double checking is needed. Do You have a contemporary english manual (P39/P47/P51) for comparison of some terms? And do you want metric in the translation? Thanks.

I have the P-51 and P-38 (and P-47N) manuals in .PDF format, but both are in excess of 40mb, I'd not want to burn a hundred megs of server space on them. If you can get in touch with me on MSN msgr ([email protected]) I can file transfer them to you. I'd post the source server I got them from - but it got shut down in the past for excessive bandwidth use, I don't want that to happen again, there is a ton of stuff on it I've not yet copied (each doc or image must be downloaded individually - I've tried other methods like making it offline content in IE, and they fail).

Please understand I'm not doubting your honesty at all. But even one typo, especially for a number, from such a primary source doc can lead to bad info being spread all over the place. So it needs to be double (and triple) checked and this needs to be done by those who can read both docs side by side - fortunately this forum has several members who are fluent in both English and German who can undertake that task :)

=S=

Lunatic

;)
I agree in all. I use to work with historic sources in university since 5 years.
There is much trouble with (partly) incorrect translations. I will try my best, but the quality of my english is limited. So there is defintely a need for double checking.
Another problem: I have problems to read page 2. Can you submit a better scan with higher solution for that particular page?

All I have is the .pdf file which you now have.

I will inquire with the source for this document and see if I can get something of higher resolution.

I assume you are talking about the small print giving the layout of the instruments. For now, I suggest you just image that and don't translate it. If I can get a better copy we can fix it later.

=S=

Lunatic

interesting I saw this work TA 152 pilots familiarization handbook back in the 1960's. I see that Eric Brown is giving his personal notations to this ? have only looked at the title page. the work, a copy is being or was being sold by Udo Hafner of Hafners manuals out of Deutschland for a number of years. He did at one time have a very comprehensive web-site on most of the single and twin engine jobs in Luftw. service as well as weapons handbooks of which I own several.

If our friend is 35 % complete then let's see what comes up from his translations...... Kühl ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back