Translation needed - Ta151H manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did loose two days for reading a new book (R. Karlsch, Hitlers Bombe, (Hrsg.) DVA (München 2005)-will open a board to discuss at ww2 general).
Any hints for a proper translation of "Kraftstoffscheibenspülung" or "Motorbediengerät"? (shame on me...did I really say 35%? 6/16)

Hey Guys!

It is my first post so hello everyone!

Could you give me a hint where can I get such documents as plane manuals in .pdf?

Brunner said:
Hey Guys!

It is my first post so hello everyone!

Could you give me a hint where can I get such documents as plane manuals in .pdf?

LOL - by scouring the web! I have a source for .pdf and other documents that I will post soon. However last time I made the url public it went down for several months and only recently came back up. Even so it is down about 50% of the time right now - I assume for bandwidth utilization, so I'm not posting the link until I have downloaded everything I might want! Until then I'm trying to make as much available here as seems relevant to the current discussions.

I could post the P-51, P-47N, 2 x P-38, A-26, La5 (in english), 2 x La5 (in russian), Lagg3 (in russian), Bf109G-2 (2 versions in english - i think these were done for the Finn's), Stuka (German), Bf109G-6 (in english, def. for Finnish), and the Bf109K-4 (english - short), and Bf109K-4 (German - long) here if the admins say it's okay??? Otherwise, I'll wait until I've downloaded (and thus secured) most of the documents and then make the URL available to the members of this board so they can do the same. That way, it it goes down again I'll have them and can make them available (though not all at once) on my webspace.

Also, http://www.history.navy.mil/branches/hist-ac/ has a lot of (partial) pilot handbook info for USN planes. The US navy website has no bandwidth issues ;)

PS: I'm going to post the 109K docs now, as the German version seems to be quite a bit more substantial than the English version. Maybe we can get another translation going!

=S=

Lunatic

delcyros said:
I did loose two days for reading a new book (R. Karlsch, Hitlers Bombe, (Hrsg.) DVA (München 2005)-will open a board to discuss at ww2 general).
Any hints for a proper translation of "Kraftstoffscheibenspülung" or "Motorbediengerät"? (shame on me...did I really say 35%? 6/16)

This is the best I could come up with translating it and it is pretty much just a litteral translation and not a formal translation.

Kraftstoffscheibenspülung is Fuel disk flushing

Motorbediengerät is Engine control device

I hope this helps del.

slightly OT but I will be in correspondance with Ta 15H-1 pilot Willi Reschke the first week of May this year.

This is an open invitation of sorts for questions for him. Remember he is an aged veteran and I will go through these questions to simplify to make them direct that he can answer. this maybe one of the very last times for any such interview. This will be conducted with 6 other JG 301 veterans through a friend whose father was a Gruppenkommandeur in JG 301. Willi is the only RK that will be present as well as Ta 152 pilot.

Erich ~

When will this happen, I have to think of some good questions for you to ask them. I dont want to ask something stupid.

Oh I have one if you dont mind.

How did the Ta-152H match up to a P-51D, and if they did not combat one how do they think it would match up against one?

If you do not wish to ask this question I completley understand. I respect these pilots very much and do not wish to have them asked anything that they may not want to talk about.

Funny as I could actually answer this for you but will send it off to get his view. All TA 152 pilots thought they could kick any Allied fighters butt......they were that confident, but heck lets see what he has to say. Come up with some more friend. the meeting of the vets is the first week in May.

E

I deffinatly will. I know that all pilots would say that there aircraft was superior but I would really like to hear what a Luftwaffe pilot has to say about it. I will think of some more questions, thanks again.

Ask him about the use of MW-50 and GM-1 together. What I've found so far (I'm researching it) is that this was indeed done with the Jumo engines, but not the BMW or DB engines.

Interestingly, MW-50 evidently gives power below critical altitude, decreasing to almost zero at critical altitude. Above critical altitude, it is useful for engine cooling but not for power. GM-1 on the other hand, is mostly useful for additional power above critical altitude, and generally was not supposed to be used below about 6700 meters. Still researching it, I need more sources confirming these things before I am confident of them.

=S=

Lunatic

Okey, it is nearly done. Page 2 is still missing, but imaged. I do lack most of page 10 (barely readable) and a little of page 11 because of it´s special terms (radio directioning is a hard matter). Another question: Any hints for a good translation of "Sollwertverstellung"? Help is very welcome. That´s all, I will submit the translation -if all goes well- in the next 2-4 days.
I have a question for Lunatic: can you provide the documents for Lagg and La-planes (in russian language), please?
Erich, can you ask W. Reschke about the differences in stall speed and low speed /high speed handling of both, Fw-190 A and Ta-152 H? And which was the better gun platform?

It isn´t complete, but my friend has not returned any corrections until now. So maybe any of You can fill the gaps in this translation (still page 10/11 remains a problem for me, I simply don´t have the technical knowledge for radio directioning, so I left it blanc. Will fix it as soon as possible.). I hope it will help a bit. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ta-152-ho-translation_197.doc
    282 KB · Views: 111
Well right of I have to question this:

Engine:

Jumo 213 E. Twostage turbocharger with three stage gearing. Air cooling device for turbocharger in engine-cooling-cycle.

I've read repeatedly that the Germans never got their turbo-supercharger working, and that the Ta-152 had a two stage supercharger with 3 stage gearing.

Are you sure "turbo" should not really be "super" ?

=S=

Lunatic

Nicely done Delycros, I'm sure the German speakers here can help with the remaining parts!

=S=

Lunatic

RG_Lunatic said:
I've read repeatedly that the Germans never got their turbo-supercharger working, and that the Ta-152 had a two stage supercharger with 3 stage gearing.

Are you sure "turbo" should not really be "super" ?

=S=

Lunatic

Well, in fact there was the only Ta 152H equipped with a completely new, advanced supercharger. It was tested thoroughly in the US. (I'm almost 100% sure it was a three stage super charger).

Salute!

No, it was a two stage supercharger, but it had 3 speeds for the first stage. I think virtually all other superchargers used in WWII involved either a single speed or two speeds. A third blower stage would not make much sense - it would be heavy and give no real advantage.

The TA-152C was supposed to have a turbocharger, but that model was discontinued because of problems with the turbo unit.

=S=

Lunatic

Well as soon as I have time, I will check it out and see what I can do with it. I know exactly how you feel delycos, it is not as easy as people might think to translate. Also if you could check out my translation on the Bf-109K-4 and correct anything I messed up, it is basically a rough translation.

Take your time and feel free to correct what ever you feel the need to. I find it hard to translate things, when my brain is reading German it thinks in German and it is as if I dont know English and then I have to dig for the words. So this translation is really rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back