Triumph's Builds: Part 5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

triumph

Airman
Dec 20, 2009
S.E. London U.K.
Italeri (Minicraft) 1/72 B24D-1 Liberator
Wearing the markings for 565th.BS 389th.BG "Hethel AFB" Norfolk UK. 1943
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0076-1.jpg

DSCF0024-3.jpg

DSCF0054-2.jpg

DSCF0041-3.jpg

DSCF0078-1.jpg

DSCF0036-2.jpg

For £25 here in the UK A lot of trouble with this (some bad mouldings) but turned out not too bad :)

Last edited:
Just looked at all your posts, and have to say, some beaut work there mate. I like the 'Photoshopped' background of Duxford too, very well done. That B24 kit is a bit pricey though, as you stated.
Now, get your a*se into one of the Group Builds!!

Nice! Is the .50 in the nose in the right location? Never have seen one mounted that low and with such a limited forward field of fire.

Hi Matt
Yes youre right a bit of artistic licence there, Its the way the glass comes on the model with the holes for the .50 already done. I tried to have it angled so it would be stright ahead but no way does it work unless you cut half the back end of the .50 off which I didnt want to do as you could see it quite clearly if I did. it fouls the bomb aimers floor which of course has to be there. So had a choice leave it out then have a hole in the glass or go for how it is which I thought would do. TBH this kit has a fair few problems with it. As I say its a Minicraft reissued under Italeri name and I think the moulds getting on. For £25 here in the UK I never expected to have to sort this lot out......
DSCF0024.gif

Vents at the side needed cleaning out as well as sink marks on the outside needing filling
DSCF0027.gif

Half filled in control surface
DSCF0023.jpg

Prop centre on the right had a conical shape

Last edited:
Do like it when Im able to find the real thing of one of my builds :)
Modified to become a Carpetbagger (801st BG / 36th BS) in Feb 44, and as a B-24 DSA, renamed The WORRY BIRD. Lost 27 Apr 44 when it hit a hill near the DZ, crashed (broke into four main parts), and caught fire at St-Cyr-de-Valorges, in the Loire Department, France - MACR 4307
SCREAMINMIMI1.gif
SCREAMINMIMI2.gif

SCREAMINMIMI4.gif
SCREAMINMIMI3.gif

I have the Minicraft boxing in my stash, must be an older molding since it doesn't have the flash and filled in control surface, but the goofy propeller is there, I only hope mine comes out half as nice.

Great Job, also, love the jobs you did on the old Airfix dinosaurs in your other posts

BTW, what doesn't make sense, here in the US the Minicraft boxing is around $30, and the Italeri kit is around $40 :confused: for the same kit! Of course the Hasegawa kit is $80 :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back