Trumpeter 1/32 BAC Lightning build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's probably about right Alex. In the first release, they were about £18 or £20 I think, now, I think I saw an ad for them at around £29 or more!
I know that they are regarded as superb kits, and no doubt Ian can confirm this, but whether they justify the high cost for a 1/48th scale fighter, even though it's fairly large, I don't know. Wouldn't mind one though!
Sorry Ian, back to your thread mate!

I wasn't going to show these because of the embarisment and call me petty but god :lol:

Now then no pictures of the build but pictures of the Decals ! Are the Koreans trying to insult us brits or what :evil: Just take a look at some of the MISSPELT WORDS its a atrotious :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

For a kit costing £97 + you would expect 1st class ! not the case is it and at this scale they can cleary be seen 8) its full of faults.

WrongLightningdecals001.gif

Should it be EXPLOSIVE RELEASE !

WrongLightningdecals002.gif

No idea ! :lol:

WrongLightningdecals003.gif

WrongLightningdecals004.gif

Order please ? yes i'll have sweet chicken balls and egg fried rice TWICE !

WrongLightningdecals006.gif

WrongLightningdecals007.gif

ENCINE !! What the heck is a ENCINE ! oh you mean ENGINE LOL
WrongLightningdecals008.gif

WrongLightningdecals009.gif

WrongLightningdecals010.gif

EJECTION not EGECTION/ CANOPY not CONOPY.

From what I've seen to date, apart from your excellent work Ian, that kit is a heap of sh**e ! For that price, I would expect parts that at least look like the parts they are supposed to be (poor seat, 'soft' moulded-in cockpit detail), and good fit (intake tunnel etc.), not to mention a very good decal sheet. Overall, apart from being generally poor, it also looks rather plain.
The term 'not fit for the purpose...' comes to mind. I'm afraid I would be sending it back, postage unpaid, with a strong letter suggesting they drop the price to £9.70, or less!
£97? It's a b****y joke!!!
Revell Hunter £26 approx (or £9.99 at Model Zone!) = excellent!

Is Trumpeter Chinese or Korean?

either way spelling errors annoy the hell out of me!

Wojtek :lol: :lol:

Wojtek, Trumpeter is mainland Chinese. This makes the high prices of their kits all the more infuriating, because I'm sure that money isn't going into labor costs.

Venganza

Wojtek, Trumpeter is mainland Chinese. This makes the high prices of their kits all the more infuriating, because I'm sure that money isn't going into labor costs.

Venganza

Dear Mate

I think we both, I mean Heinz and me, know where the Trumpeter comes from.Anyway thanks for recollection.:lol:

Hi Ian, the nearest Model Zone to me is in Manchester, about 20 miles away, but it was the web-site that had the Hunter marked unavailable. I'll give them a call and find out. Thanks for letting me know mate.

I agree given the price that Trumpeter brands are I would be livid.:evil:

I quiet like their injection moulding kits and find the peices generally correct but as for markings I have yet to use the ones supplied. I find several inaccuracies with the scaling of the lettering in most cases.

Perhaps some letters to the Trumpter HQ may be in order - may not acheive much but should make you feel better.:twisted:

Wa San Development (Macau) Limited
PAMPA DOS CAVALEIROS
No.9,Block5,Floor16,Flat AS EDF.JARDIM
Sun Yick Garden
Macau

[email protected]

Well Well would you look at that a link to their company ! i've just emailed them and told them about the kit and a link to this build thread, i'll see if i get some sort of reply.

ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back