Trumpeter P-40B 1/72 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy70

Senior Airman
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Started this model a week or so ago. Now that school is winding down, maybe I'll have time to work on it.

Got the interior done and the fuselage sealed up. Just added a couple of bits of styrene on the interior wall and some foil seatbelts for detail. I've always used masking tape in the past for seatbelts, but tried the foil this time. I think I might go back to masking tape on the next model. Don't know why I didn't snap some pics of the interior before I sealed it up.

P-40002.jpg

P-40004.jpg

P-40003.jpg

Drilled out the exhaust stacks today as well.

P-40001.jpg

Did a little putty and sanding today also.

P-40005.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'm always a little disturbed at all the little flaws I see when I take these close-up shots and put them online. My eyes don't see them at all when I'm just looking at the model (even with magnifying glasses on). :shock::)

I got a little more work done tonight.

These little nubs won't do for the .30 cal Brownings. I've gotten rid of them and drilled holes in the wings in preparation for replacements. Still thinking about what I'm going to use.

IMG_2213.jpg

Fuselage pieces and wings on, some gap filling with squadron green putty.

IMG_2217.jpg

Drilled out cowl guns.

IMG_2218.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'm always a little disturbed at all the little flaws I see when I take these close-up shots and put them online. My eyes don't see them at all when I'm just looking at the model (even with magnifying glasses on). :shock::)

Nice start to a sharp looking aircraft. As for the statement above, welcome to my world. :oops:Actually I'm sure I'm not alone in agreeing with you. I hope you have more to show us soon.

Blue painted for squadron stripe. I decided to go with the decal scheme from the Sky Models sheet for AVG pilot F. Schwartz from the 2nd squadron. After paint cured, I used a 1/16" Pactra brand tape to mask the stripe.

IMG_2248.jpg

Light gray underneath and dark earth upper painted - masked and ready for the dark green. I used "sticky tack" rolled into thin cylinders for the outlines, then filled in with Tamiya masking tape.

IMG_2249.jpg

Paint complete. I tried to do a little post shading with lightened earth and green. I overdid it in a couple of places, but the initial panel wash toned it down a bit. I will seal with future, apply decals, and apply a second wash over the decals over the next few days.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back