two very early Nichimotigers in france 1:35

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hi,
because I'm still fighting my deseaseI can't do fine modellwork so this is the right time to show two vignettes of some 30 year old Nichimo Tigers I brushed up last summer.

I found this two monsters via internet.

tigerii01.jpg

t25y.jpg

A good friend of me was electrified when he saw this pictures. " Whow this are two of the remote controll transmitter tanks they tried out"! As it was, the idea to use such a large tank to controll tiny charge carriers was moronic. The two tanks were on the way back to normal tankbusiness when they were lost. They were very early Kingtigers which differed not only by having the 18 teeth dreive sprocker and early tracks.

That is what I found in a long forgotten bag.

tigerii01.jpg

Interesting project Michael. I'm looking forward to that. :)

Here is another pic of number 11 a little bit more dry.

tigerii02.jpg

But back to modelling. The Nichimo tanks have solid engine covers. Didn't like this and dived into my sparebox.
this Dragon tank didn't need his one for obvious rasons.

2002lbeck10.jpg

The second came from a dinosaur Tamiyatank.

First I did the 88. I embedded a meat skever to give strenght and some tube to get inner detail.

tigerii02.jpg

Up into a slow turning drill.

tigerii06.jpg

Number 11 will need some inner hull detail while number 02 is so kind to hide all with his turret over hang. thanks number 02!

2010tigerii04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi airframes,
number 11 and number 02 belonged to special remote control unit which was very short lived. Have to ask my friend who does some studies on thes theme.

You don't see to much through the hatches so I keep detailing on a low level.

tigerii8.jpg

The interior of the turret got a little bit more attention.

tigerii9.jpg

First test.

23w1izb.png

Some improvements to the paintjob and this will do it.

atigerii1.jpg

Some white paint to accent details.

tigerii1.jpg

The rear bulkhead was fixed to the upper hull.

tigerii3.jpg

A test shot reveales you can't see much through the hatches. :cry:

tigerii5.jpg

Now how I do Zimmerit:
I use a water soluble modelling clay. These are german brands but I'm sure you will get this worldwide.

3866356132616338.jpg

2010tigerii53.jpg
[/IMG]

Just an example why I favor this water soluble stuff.

2010tigerii08.jpg

I forgot outer hulldetails. No problem 5 minutes soaked in water and off went the "Zimmerit" to rectify my forgetfulness.

2010tigerii11.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back