U to fat for Halloween Candy!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
Seriously, does she think her house isn't gonna get tee-pee'd or worse?

Woman swaps letters for candy in obesity fight
Some children may be getting more trick than treat when they collect their candy this Halloween.

According to reports, a woman in Fargo, North Dakota says she'll be handing out letters, instead of sweet treats, to children she believes are "moderately obese."

Valley News LiveIn an interview with Y-94 Radio in Fargo, she explained her reasoning behind her letters.

"I just want to send a message to the parents of kids that are really overweight," she said. "I think it's just really irresponsible of parents to send them out looking for free candy just 'cause all the other kids are doing it."

Gimme some CANDY.JPG

Woman swaps letters for candy in obesity fight - TODAY.com

What a dumb b!tch. I'd like to see what she looks like. Unless she's some fit 100 pound spinner with the body of a pole dancer with total fit kids to match she needs to STFU! As far as I'm concered she gets the "burning bag full of dog sh!t on her front porch" trick. She also needs to go bed down with Mayor Bloomberg! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Obese kids are a real problem, I see them all over town, generally in the company of past-obese parents who can barely walk. I feel for the kids who are the victims.
I'm anti-adult helmet laws but kids cannot make the decision for themselves and need to be protected. All that being said, it is not for her to single out individuals SHE terms obese and refuse them what she is giving to others freely. If she feels that strongly, shut off the lights and lock the door

Then you just don't give out candy and participate in Halloween at all. You don't have to be ignorant...

If it was my neighbor who did that to my kids, she would not be very happy.

The tradition has always been there, but it looks like social common sense hasn't aged as well as the Holiday.

Kids nowdays are terribly lazy. Many schools don't follow a daily P.E. routine, kids don't go outside and play 'til dark anymore.

Everything revolves around the internet, gaming consoles, cellphones and texting...none of which we had when I was a kid and I can count how many overweight kids we had in my entire school on one hand.

If the gal doesn't want to contribute to the Holiday, then turn the porch light off and watch a movie instead of being a huge disappointment to the kids who came to her door looking for treats...shame on her.

Kids nowdays are terribly lazy. Many schools don't follow a daily P.E. routine, kids don't go outside and play 'til dark anymore.

Everything revolves around the internet, gaming consoles, cellphones and texting...none of which we had when I was a kid and I can count how many overweight kids we had in my entire school on one hand.

Sad, but very true indeed! Any season of the year, I was out playing with my pals and other 'activities' that you do as a kid, not always frowned upon orwhatyacallit, but helluva lot of fun....

Not for the 'victims' perhaps, but that's another confidential story, for another 20+ year's anyway! :lol:

It occured to me, that when taking my kids "trick or treating" not all houses gave candy. Some would give out small toys like spider rings, special Halloween pencils, or money. A few gave an either/or choice (to the parents, if present). So if opposed to candy or wishing to "strike a blow" against childhood obesity: give treats OTHER than candy.
One year, the kids returned home with their "loot". We made a practice of checking all "treats" before the kids were allowed to eat anything. In each of their bags we found a small but VERY nicely gift-wrapped package, ribbons bows, the whole 9-yards. None of the kids remembered who had given them the package. We opened the package and found, wrapped in tissue paper, One very nice dog turd. See you don't need to give candy

Back in my day it was "Trick or treat, money or eat." To show their calorie-consciousness they should have held the bitch up for money.

Just about every year we gave candy, Snickers usually 'cause I got the left-overs. Kids went out in two waves, first around the neighborhood where everyone knew each other. To neighbor kids it was some type of home-made treat, like fudge, real popcorn-balls, rice-crispy treats, ect. Second-wave was surrounding blocks. When the kids returned they went through their "stash" and dumped anything they didn't went into our hand-out bowl.
When the kids got older they transitioned more into staying home and terrorizing the other "trick or treators" My #1 son loved to put on a white hockey-mask and cover-alls with the chain-saw ready to go. He'd hide in the bushes and when kids got about 20ft from the door, jump out, start the cain-saw, and chase them down he block, got several parents as well. More than once the kids would drop their candy sacks and just run. After a hour or so of this, T or Ters would cross over to the other side of the street to pass the house. Good times!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back