Unknown Substance in My Yard... Pics Included...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WTF is this???? Never seen this kinda thing before... Its not attached to the ground or anything like it... Not a mushroom....

Any clues????

Attachments

• p5210004_204.jpg
    p5210004_204.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 674
  • p5210003_162.jpg
    p5210003_162.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 637
  • p5210002_230.jpg
    p5210002_230.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 663
  • p5210001_139.jpg
    p5210001_139.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 671
aggggg!!!
the invasion of the body snatchers!!!!!

Les don't touch it with bare hands man.....

your gorund has some problems although localized fungus in the lawn. Suggest you scrape it bare and let the sun naturally burn it out and then watch the surrounding edge of the lawn for more/burned look to the blades of grass.....

generally we see this crap coming up around the base of large older oaks or Cedar trees here in the NW. It spells trouble....

E ~

I agree with u track.... It definatly looks dropped there, but then again, it looks like it has grown since being there....

I dont know... I have a cat as well, and he's an indoor/outdoor cat... I dunno.... I've never seen anything like this come out of an animal before, and I've had a few of em...

Im still perplexed........

take a stick and put some of that gross material in a zip lock bag and take it down to your local county extension agency to verify if possible.

The item in your lawn could be alien so be careful..... :shock:

seriously do the above though. I have seen this stuff in the past just remembering now. Once it has dried it will be hard and if you touch it with a stick or your boot it will pop and burst mulit - small little spores something like dust. Still have to search what this barf looking thing is....

Les have you folk in your neck of the woods had a lot of warm humidity on and off with rain this spring ?

E ~

Les have you folk in your neck of the woods had a lot of warm humidity on and off with rain this spring ?
Yes, we are about 1/2 a mile from the Gulf of Mexico.....
take a stick and put some of that gross material in a zip lock bag
After i took the pics, i scooped this mess up with a shovel and heaved it over the fence and into the woods... I was doin yard work and didnt want my extension cord dragging through this pile of bunk.........

if at all possible mark the area if you remember with a wire and red flag. Would be curious if this unknown "bunk" pile grows back. It just really reminds me of these oddities that show up now and again around here in the strangest places.....

I am going to have a look in one of my books on forest fungus later today. and although this was growing or living on your lawn it maybe associated with a forest type. It does seem funny that by your pics that someone or something decided to plop something right at that spot

Yea Im a bit perplexed about this whole thing, hence why i took the pics... I have marked the area where this happened, so we'll see if anything follows this up...

This was also in a very sunny part of my yard, NOT in the shade....... As far as Im aware, usually spores/fungus usually like cooler, shaded areas to grow......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back