Unternehmen Luftbrücke (Operation Air Bridge), WW2Aircraft.net Group Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds good to me Daniel, and yes, there were combats with Typhoons and B26's. JG26 were involved in some, but I'd have to check to see which Bf109's or FW190's. But, what the heck, it's representative, and yours, so go for it!

If you need details of the JG26 combats Daniel, just give me a shout, as I have the book to hand. Without checking, I think there was a combat with 109K's against B26's, and another against Typhoons (might have been Doras though), when a scrap ensued against Spit XIV's, Jan '45. Nearly sure there's another account from late '44, involving both.

...I've got some small motors lying around somewhere which would be perfect...

I have some small DC motors here as well, if anyone needs some.

Two sizes, one being about 1" (26mm) in length by 5/8" (15mm) wide, the other (looks kind of like a radial) is 15/16" (23mm) wide by 1/2" (12.5mm) high.

They both operate on about 1 - 1.5 volts.

I'll include a picture to give a better idea of my description. Like I said, if anyone's interested, let me know and I'll be more than glad to get them on thier way :)

I didn't have the time to join in on the build, but I'll be here to cheer everyone on!

Attachments

• IMGP5509a.jpg
    IMGP5509a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 124
You can join in anytime you want GG, there's no "join before date" only an end date which is VE-Day, 7th May 2009....
So grab yourself any Luftwaffe crate (late '43 to VE-Day '45) and get down and dirty with it...! :lol:

LOL...well, I haven't built a military model since...uh :rolleyes:

Good God, man...it must be almost 30 years since I've done one! Unless there's a category for "sucks so bad, it leaves a vacuum", then I don't have a chance! :lol:

Seriously, I'll see if I can't get something together...

Don't know how he did it, but my dad hooked up an F4U to a stand and got the prop to turn when you flip a switch. It's a 1/32 mind you, but can be done!

Can and will be done

I've got some small motors lying around somewhere which would be perfect

I was only joking of course, but it would be cool to see some 'in-flight' photos of your finished models with the prop spinning..!

That's a very kind offer from GG too...

Good God, man...it must be almost 30 years since I've done one! Unless there's a category for "sucks so bad, it leaves a vacuum", then I don't have a chance! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Do it anyway mate if ya have the time! Be good to see you in on this too!

I agree! I haven't touched something that's made of plastic since.....eerrmmm...I think that it was about the same time as...eeehhhh....hmmm...Blackbeard, Morgan and the chaps were at it!
So, as you see, you won't be alone! :lol: 8) :D

I have a question guys....

We're all doing fighters for this RD build, but would training aircraft also fit into the build category? They are after all a largely unrecognised but essential chapter in any Defence force, past or present.

I have ulterior motives too, of course... while working on my Me 163 for the build, Ivett noticed in one of my books the S version (two seat trainer) and loved the look of it. I can build this version from the Academy kit, so it would be nice to make it for her, and still enter the build.
Alex is doing an Me 163B in any case, so it would be an interesting type comparison I reckon.

Also I have to return shortly an MPM Fw 190S-5 (two seat trainer) which I'm borrowing for pattern forming for my own 190A-8/U-1 (converting from the Revell A-8/R-11). As this is a priority, it would be nice to be able to get this done, aswell as adding another unusual type into the fray...

What d'ya's reckon? I'll stick with the fighter element of course if anyone has any objections.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back