Upload your current wallpaper (continued)

pffftt, look how loose that formation is.......
 
Oh BTW, Piss on Yeager....
 
Well...he did break the sound barrier. :-k
 
Ive met him before, couple times, and aside from the fact that he's a vet and did his part, i dont like him or his attitude...

Watched him blow off a 12 year old kid for an autograph, told him he should have come earlier.... My Dad called him on it and had words with him, and had to be seperated... Pretty funny....

George Welsh, the hero of Pearl Harbor, was the first man to break the sound barrier, diving an XP-86.....
 
George Welsh, eh? Yeah that name rings a bell. Besides the Pearl Harbor part, I mean. I knew of him from that already.

As for Yeager, it sounds like he's a grade A dick. In the few documentary interviews I'd seen of him, you'd never have guessed it. He seemed like a pretty laid back guy.
 
There's reports of Luftwaffe pilots breaking the sound barrier during a power dive in World War 2. There's a big difference between officially breaking the sound barrier and just breaking it...
 
yes and yeagar was the first to do it in level flight, not in a dive.....
 
Gone mono chrome for a while
 

Attachments

  • bf_20109e_20_20of_20oberleutnant_20kark_20fischer_20-_20jg_2027_138.jpg
    bf_20109e_20_20of_20oberleutnant_20kark_20fischer_20-_20jg_2027_138.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 406
Me either. Looking at the left wing damage, I wonder if that was a ground loop.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back