US Media is PISSING ME OFF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ours went up 10-15 cents but is at 2.89 and 2.99 depending where you shop. It is forecasted to shoot up to 3.68 or some oddity very soon in my little village.

Atlanta Georgia for one went totally ballistic with panic and 5.00 to 6.00 a gal. And for what purpose..........low peach year ?

geez somebody is getting rich real quick

Nonskimmer said:
By the way Maestro, have any Katrina relief funds or anything popped up around where you live? There's one on the go out here, and the response has been outstanding. Volunteer crews have even stepped forward to go down and assist in any way they're needed. This is going to take quite a long time.

Well, not really... Except for the Canadian Red Cross, I haven't heard of anything like that. I must say than in most fascist Québeker minds, USA is rich enough to help their own peoples.

By the way, Evan, it's the same thing here. Today, Québec City gas stations was selling their gas at 1.35$ (CAN) the Litre. (There is approximately 4 Litres in an American Gallon.) And 90% of our gas come from Alberta !

Maestro said:
And 90% of our gas come from Alberta !
That's not entirely how it works though. A lot of that stuff from Alberta is shipped and refined elsewhere and then sold back to us. :rolleyes:
I don't have the exact figures right now, but...it's a lot.

Gas prices hit $1.37/L at the pump here today.

In Norway is the Gas prices USD 1,95/ L And rising. was usd !.70 /L on monday.

When you Americans are paying the same as Britain, then you can complain about fuel prices. Our prices are from £0.80-1.10 per litre!

who gives a crap ........... really, the price of gas has been jumping dramatically and this is why these items were stated. right now the whole of America is affected by what has happened in the gulf but yet we shouldn't be so surprised as great losses of life have happened in the past due to climatic changes. Big boyz are making millions off the US consumer using this tragedy as an excuse to raise prices and conserve on the production of fuel.

That is why the British drives cars with car engines, not cars with truck engines.

Like this......

Attachments

• les_shockley_538.jpg
    les_shockley_538.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 313
It does appear that the rescue work has been pathetically slow considering the immense resources at the disposal of the US government I would have thought the forces would have been deployed within 24 hours and evacuation too tented areas could have begun much sooner. this will cost Bush dearly in the opinion polls.
Bet there's loads of people saying Fuck Iraq get the troops back here where there needed

It is rather scary how slow the response has been. The evacuation of the Superdome down there has all been up to the Louisiana officials. They said they had not seen one FEMA guy. Bureaucracy at it's finest, unfortunately. But the US Navy has ships there and more on the way. I am not sure, but I do believe the ships have helos as well, so that should help dramatically.

trackend said:
It does appear that the rescue work has been pathetically slow considering the immense resources at the disposal of the US government I would have thought the forces would have been deployed within 24 hours and evacuation too tented areas could have begun much sooner. this will cost Bush dearly in the opinion polls.
Bet there's loads of people saying f**k Iraq get the troops back here where there needed

To a point you're right Track, but it did take time to access the situation. Remember, 24 hours after NO was hit the weather in the area was still god awful then the levys broke after the storm came through. Many New Orleans police walked off their job, so that didn't help things as well, plus you got the idiot looters as well.

I think I heard today they already got 24,000 troops in the area so I think some things are starting to happen. The media is going to eat this alive because that part of the country is a poor "welfare hole." Although there were many good people devistated by this tragedy, there's going to be many whining about eveything looking for a handout well after all is taken care of......

I said it before, I been to New Orleans and the surrounding areas, it's basically a sh*thole.

Bull!!!
Track is totally correct, we are constantly told world wide that America are the 'all powerful' ( not knocking you guys that live there... just being truthful). It is a F...ing disgraceful state of affairs (I would say the same about it . if it happened here guys...honestly). If I was an American at the moment, I would be outraged by the response.
God help them, it is a terrible thing to have happened.

We're sending down two frigates, a destroyer, and a Coast Guard vessel with relief supplies and people ready and able to work. They'll basically be at the disposal of the relief coordinators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back