USS Bunker Hill Builds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not much to tell you! I haven't had a ton of time thus far to get it done. I've basically assembled the pre-painted cockpit, and that's it. I have to build a radio from scratch, as there is NOTHING between the pilot and gunner, paint the pilots and basically assemble. There's not a whole lot to this kit. Once I do the radio I'll post more pics.

Here's one, don't know the outfit though...

FWIW, the TBM-3Ds in the photo are from VT(N)-90 off USS Enterprise (CV(N)-6):

Air Groups.

BTW, that's a great photo. The TBMs sure are worn!

To the OP, the F4U looks good, and good luck on the TBM. My late uncle rode out to Pearl on Bunker Hill before embarking on Essex as a radar operator in late 1943.

Thanks for the interest, but I have been doing other things unfortunately! I have a driver's exam to study for, plus I had to get a portfolio together the College I want to get into. I'm waiting for my dad to look at the ball turret to see what we can do to add the correct details, and once that's done, I'll actually be able to start building again, but he's been working, so I haven't gotten anything done besides minor painting of interior components (a seat and a radio). HOPEFULLY I can get him to look at it tonight, but he's a policeman and works shifts, so he's not home until the evening, then he eats, then he gets anything he needs to get done, then goes to bed at like 9:30 cause he has to leave at 6 the following morning. We'll see tonight, because his shifts change and he's working nights tomorrow, so he'll probably go to bed later.

Sounds good mate. GOod luck with your driving test and your College application.

Its important stuff I've got the car going for University next year myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back