valkiye

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Valkyrie was pretty good. Tom Cruise was better than expected, his acting was sublte and effective, most of the time. The plot can be a little confusing, but they got a lot of the historical parts right, even Goebbels on the phone. (Which I thought was just a movie scene at first.)

Not a bad movie.

As Dean Wurmer once said, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Interesting qoute. Better watch my weight.....

Last edited:
I just saw this movie tonight, and It was pretty good in my eyes. A little confusing at first, but I liked it. The only thing I didnt like was eveyone speaking perfect english, at least they could have given the cast german accents.

I think fake German accents would've detracted from the movie. Nothing worse than a guy with a thick British accent trying to emulate a thick German accent.....now, if they'd've found some English-speaking German actors to play all the parts, that would've been awesome!

Well they could have gotten Billy Bob Thornton! That would really screw things up; Germans who sound like Texans.

Is there a German born actor who would have been a big enough star to draw people into the movie? I feel that is the main reason Cruise was cast in the lead, his involvement just about made me not want to watch it, only this post got me interested enough. Still think Cruise was a little hokey as the lead, but overall a good movie.

Last edited:
There's plenty of other big-name actors who would've done a good job of drawing a crowd (Billy Bob Thorton .....maybe) and not caused so many people to get the urge to shoot large-caliber ammo at him. Then back him up with a bunch of Germany's best actors.

Did anyone else find it ironic or funny that Eddie Izzard, a cross, dressing, English comedian played General Erich Fellgiebel?

being the huge stauffenberg enthusiast i am i purchased Valkyrie on Blu-Ray (personally, i think they did a good job on it) but, that aside, the bonus features on the Blu-Ray were fantastic. Particularly the more history aimed ones. found this on Youtube, it's a quick preview of the about an hour and a half long doc on Nazis Germany included.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvpAOx8DHY

also, they give u a good look at why they chose the actors they did on this one (again these are just snippets of the actual material)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUF6Mdwl5c

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back