VFA-103 Jolly Rogers Memorial Flight [1/144] (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Well I've finally had some time to sit down and do some modeling without falling asleep. I've recently acquired quite a few 1/144 scale models and this is my first steps into these tiny models.

My choice to start is Dragons Memorial Flight of the Jolly Rogers. The kit includes the F-14B Tomcat and the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

IMG_2486.jpg

For a couple of tiny models there sure is a lot of parts.

IMG_2484-1.jpg

This is almost comical. This is Dragons idea of Tomcat Pilots. Looks more like something from the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" :oops:

IMG_2487.jpg

See what I mean? :p

stood.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

Nice work Dirk. Far too small for my knackered hands! I wouldn't mind doing a corner of a Lancaster airfield dispersal in 1/44th, but it'd end up looking like a night intruder had strafed it!!
Good comparison with the pilots Andy - I though they looked like some of the good-looking women in my town!!

Nice work Dirk. Far too small for my knackered hands! I wouldn't mind doing a corner of a Lancaster airfield dispersal in 1/44th, but it'd end up looking like a night intruder had strafed it!!
Good comparison with the pilots Andy - I though they looked like some of the good-looking women in my town!!

Time for you to move terry. :D

Hi Dirk. Cool avatar. I have some photos somewhere of a super hornet. I will try and post them Friday.

DBII

Hi everyone.

It's been some time since I touched these little guys but I'm back at em and quite excited about it.

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

Time for some paint

The F-18 Gets some Light Gray applied to the bottom and sides.

IMG_3077.jpg

Here the F-14 gets the same Light Gray applied but it also extends over the top of the fuselages and canopy area.

IMG_3078.jpg

Next we masked off the bottoms and around the fuselage on the Tomcat and applied the top coat. For this I used Light Ghost Gray.

IMG_3079.jpg

Again with some masking and this time Flat Black was applied.

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

Till next time

Not much to show tonight. Just some more masking and painting. I know the kit comes with decals that will cover the tail fins but all to often we has modelers hear or come across misshapen or poor fitting decals. Painting the fins will assure me no gray will be poking through

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

Nice work Dirk. In that scale, you could build a whole carrier force, and still have plenty of display space left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back