Vic's Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well dang!

Sounded like a good idea! :evil4:

:evil: :evil: :evil:
This one's for Dave (GrauGeist), one of the Egyptian Tourist Guards, most are fully armed with AK-47. This one pointed towards a bit of a stone monument for us to look at and then asked for Bucksheesh (money). Now like I've just said, the man had an AK-47. What would you do?????????????

Attachments

• 3-1 Tourist Security.JPG
    3-1 Tourist Security.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 110
Thanks for the comments guy's, much appreciated. Now for the next batch, we go to some of the other phenomenal constructions in Egypt, The Temple of Karnak near Luxor.

Pic 1. At the entry to Karnak Temple they have this scale model which really emphasises the size of the place.

Pic 2. The Ram's of Karnak that line each side of the entry to the temple.

Pic 3 4. Some of the many statues of the king of upper and lower Egypt in the classic "I'm all powerful" stance.

Pic 5. The incredible hieroglyphics the cover every spare space on walls, columns and entry posts.

Pic 6. The close packed columns of the temple.

Pic 7. A cartouche with hieroglyphics symbols. The bee was our favourite.

Pic 8 9. More statues and a needle obelisk.

Attachments

• 4-1 Scale Model of Karnak.JPG
    4-1 Scale Model of Karnak.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 110
  • 4-2 Karnak Rams.JPG
    4-2 Karnak Rams.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 4-3 Karnak.JPG
    4-3 Karnak.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 4-4 Karnak.JPG
    4-4 Karnak.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 4-5 Karnak.JPG
    4-5 Karnak.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.9 Karnak.JPG
    4.9 Karnak.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 4-8 Karnak.JPG
    4-8 Karnak.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 4-7 Karnak.JPG
    4-7 Karnak.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 4-6 Karnak.JPG
    4-6 Karnak.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 108
:evil: :evil: :evil:
This one's for Dave (GrauGeist), one of the Egyptian Tourist Guards, most are fully armed with AK-47. This one pointed towards a bit of a stone monument for us to look at and then asked for Bucksheesh (money). Now like I've just said, the man had an AK-47. What would you do?????????????
Well...I guess I'd hand him some Bucksheesh and be happy he's not in a bad mood...

Unless I could catch his greedy *** in a dark alley, then he'd loose all his Bucksheesh...and perhaps his watch, too...

Excellent photos, I'm really enjoying the hieroglyphic and structure details. I really appreciate your sharing them!

Thanks again guy's, much appreciated. :D :D

In this batch we go just down the road from Karnak, close to the Nile at the temple of Luxor, here the sun was sinking fast, but I stuck with the no flash theme and got some quite good results, what I was missed though was a tripod.

Pic 1. This is the Sphinx lined avenue to the temple. In the distance under the housed the avenue continues and in time the Egyptian authorities will rehouse the people and excavate this area.

Pic 2. A close shot of one of the Spinxes.

Pic 3. The entry to the Temple of Luxor with the lights just starting to take effect in the advancing dusk. In the foreground in the checked shirt is my partner and also our guide on his mobile.

Pic 4 5. Statues and pillars.

Pic 6. The effects of the lighting as the sun sets.

Enjoy :p :p

Pic 7 8. It was quite dark by now and these were hand held shots taken with just the floodlighting, thus a little shaky.

Attachments

• 5-5 Luxor.JPG
    5-5 Luxor.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 5-4 Luxor.JPG
    5-4 Luxor.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 5-3 Luxor.JPG
    5-3 Luxor.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 5-2 Luxor.JPG
    5-2 Luxor.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 5-1 Luxor.JPG
    5-1 Luxor.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 5-6 Luxor.JPG
    5-6 Luxor.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 5-7 Luxor.JPG
    5-7 Luxor.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 5-8 Luxor.JPG
    5-8 Luxor.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 94
Thanks guys, and for some more snaps from Egypt………………:rolleyes:............:rolleyes:……….We were now on the Nile Cruise, but before setting sail we had an early start visiting the Valley of the Kings, sadly cameras were not allowed, but I can tell you that walking into the Tombs of some of the Kings was incredible. The preservation, colour, size and length of them as they twisted and turned into the bedrock was gobsmacking and the memory will live on with me. Following this we drove to the other side of the mountains from the Valley of the Kings, where we have the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.

Pic 1. The Temple of Queen Hatshepsut who because the belief that the ruler of Egypt must be a man, often dressed as a King and in constructing this temple tried to burrow her way through to the Valley of the Kings.

Pic 2 3. Hieroglyphics' on the outer walls of the temple, the preservation of shape and colour is unbelievable.

Pic 4. The Colossi of Memnon, these two statues remind me of modern day Transformers.

Pic 5 6. As we approached the lock at Esna, we were swarmed upon by trader in small rowing boats, known locally as 'Bum Boats', they would throw the goods up onto the upper deck of the ship and if you wanted it, start bartering.

Pic 7. Another cruise ship being attacked by bum boats.

Pic 8. The locals as we entered the lock, asking for bucksheesh.

Attachments

• 6-5 Bum boats.JPG
    6-5 Bum boats.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 6-4 Colossi of MemnonI.JPG
    6-4 Colossi of MemnonI.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 6-3 Hieroglyphics.JPG
    6-3 Hieroglyphics.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 6-2 Hieroglyphics.JPG
    6-2 Hieroglyphics.JPG