Vic's Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Having just returned from a trip through Egypt, Jordan and Syria, I though that over the following weeks I would share some of my snapshot moments with you all. Hope you enjoy.

Pic 1. The stepped Pyramid of Memphis.
Pic 2. The Memphis Pyramids as seen from the Pyramids of Giza. This is a rarity due to dust and heat haze most of the year. Also they had just had a few days of unseasonal rain and it was raining the day before on our arrival.
Pic 3. The three Pyramids of Giza.
Pic 4. Me at the Pyramids of Giza in 1955.
Pic 5. Me at the Pyramids of Giza 55 years later.
Pic 6. The capped pyramid of Giza with the Sphinx in the foreground.
Pic 7. The Cheop's Solar cedar boat unearthed at the Pyramids of Giza in the 1950's. It was for use of the king in his afterlife and was buried in a trench in it's disassembled parts, each part being marked and complete with assembly instructions just like an injection moulded kit.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• 1 Memphis.jpg
    1 Memphis.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2 Memphis from Giza.JPG
    2 Memphis from Giza.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 3 Giza Pyramids.jpg
    3 Giza Pyramids.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 4 Giza Pyramids  Me 1955.JPG
    4 Giza Pyramids Me 1955.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 5 Giza Pyramid  me 2010.JPG
    5 Giza Pyramid me 2010.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 6 Giza Pyramid  Sphinx.JPG
    6 Giza Pyramid Sphinx.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 7 Pyramids Cedar Boat.JPG
    7 Pyramids Cedar Boat.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 100
Thanks guy's, glad your liking them, today we are buzzing round Cairo for the day. We'll flip up the Nile to Luxor next to Karnak Temple.

Pic 1 2. Sphinx and Ramsis II statues outside Cairo Museum. Unfortunately cameras are banned inside.:mad:

Pic 3. The Cairo Bazaar, much changed form the 1950s and the traders are very much in your face which is somewhat off putting when trying to bargain. :(

Pic 4. The Muhamed Ali Mosque in Cairo, now just a tourist attraction and no longer used for prayer.

Pic 5 6. The mosques inner square and fountain that would have been used for washing before prayer and a close up of the decorative roof.

Pic 7. The grand chandelier within the mosque, I believe it was donated by king Louis Philippe V of France.

Pic 8. The main dome of the mosque which I feel my picture does not do it justice.

Pic 9. One of the two Minbar's (pulpit) within the mosque. Unfortunately the place was teaming with visitors, like Hil and I and it's kind of hard to get photos without people walking past.

Just for interest sake to all you photographers out there, the majority of these pics were without flash.

Attachments

• 2-5 Mosque Courtyard Fountain .JPG
    2-5 Mosque Courtyard Fountain .JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 2-4 Muhamed Ali Mosque.JPG
    2-4 Muhamed Ali Mosque.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2-3 Cairo Bazaar.JPG
    2-3 Cairo Bazaar.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 2-2 Ramsis II.JPG
    2-2 Ramsis II.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 2-1 Sphynx.JPG
    2-1 Sphynx.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 2-6 Closeup of fountain decoration.JPG
    2-6 Closeup of fountain decoration.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 2-7 Mosque Grand Chandelier.JPG
    2-7 Mosque Grand Chandelier.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 2-8 Mosqie dome.JPG
    2-8 Mosqie dome.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2-9 Mosque Minbar .JPG
    2-9 Mosque Minbar .JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 98
Excellent shots and extremely fascinating. I have always wanted to get to the middle east to see sites of antiquity, but have never had the chance...so there's a little bit of jealousy when I say that! :lol:

You know, if you want the photo to be free of folks, simply whip out a little paper bag and blow it up, then pop it (this is where a friend or two with bags of thier own would be handy, too). Now, as everybody is panicking and fleeing for the exit, you can wander at your leisure snapping away! :thumbleft:

You know, if you want the photo to be free of folks, simply whip out a little paper bag and blow it up, then pop it (this is where a friend or two with bags of thier own would be handy, too). Now, as everybody is panicking and fleeing for the exit, you can wander at your leisure snapping away! :thumbleft:

Not a bad idea Dave :D:D , but I'd be a fool to do such a thing in that part of the world, to many armed tourist police about, an could end up getting shot.:(:(

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back