'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Two more from RIAT to make you wish you were there!

DC3 from BBMF (or is that a C-47?)
Plus an AA DC-6 - see this awesome beastie come over our house some days when the sky is clear. Lovely sound!

Attachments

• RIAT98-DC6.mpg
    11.3 MB · Views: 52
  • BBMF-DC3.mpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
DC3 from BBMF (or is that a C-47?)

neither, she's the Dakota in the RAF (although the BBMF Dak spent time with the yanks and RCAF before coming to the RAF)...........

and the videos don't seem to work for me, do i have to go to save target as?

Nice work Roy, I'm digging those old four engined propliners, they look great in the sky, that gallery on the strategy page has some great pics as well.

Clip from Spit doc from 1976. Shown by BBC upon recent anniversary.
Sorry no joy uploading last night or this morning - will try later.

I am getting really fed up with this - I tried again this morning and same:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 22882871 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/ww2aircraft.net/httpdocs/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1762

it's a 20 meg wmv file which usually works.

Another test clip - this is not very relevant to planes but fun. It shows how not to break open a safe using thermite.

I have just fitted my notebook with a USB2 Hauppage WinTV2000 gadget so I tried it out with this recording from the UK Sky TV programme 'Brainiac'.

It nicely shows those who do not have access to UK TV what they are missing (not much).

Attachments

• thermite.mpg
    12.7 MB · Views: 39
Love that spitfire vid, can't believe they repaired the block of the S6 while it was still inside the aircraft!

Fantastic stuff Roy, one of the best yet, i have to admit an original spitfire in battle of britain era colour scheme is probably the best looking plane ever made.

Maybe there is a limit on the size of the videos now? maybe you should contact one of the admins? Could be the new software perhaps

Users who are viewing this thread