War Crimes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

report2me4

Airman
Sep 19, 2006
I am not long here but i have wanted to ask the groups opinion of Allied war crimes. I am not aware of anyone who was tried on the Allied side but i may be wrong. Everyone seem to know what the Axis forces did because they lost but surely if mud was going to be thrown then the allies should have looked at their own house first. It may be that there were fewer instances or maybe that they were on a smaller scale but that doesnt mean they should be ignored

Marty

report2me4 said:
I am not long here but i have wanted to ask the groups opinion of Allied war crimes. I am not aware of anyone who was tried on the Allied side but i may be wrong. Everyone seem to know what the Axis forces did because they lost but surely if mud was going to be thrown then the allies should have looked at their own house first. It may be that there were fewer instances or maybe that they were on a smaller scale but that doesnt mean they should be ignored

Marty

You are right the Allies (some more than others) were guilty of war crimes. But the winner of WW1 and WW2 wrote the rules after they won (not saying the Axis powers were not guilty as hell), the winner of a war is never as good at finding war crimes done by their own side as they are of the defeated enemy.

Like I said before the Axis powers were very guilty, but no ones hands were 100% clean after WW2.

I will ask you this... If the Axis powers had won the war do you think there would of been Allied war criminals found guilty? :lol: Yes there would of been.

Its really just a matter of who won the war (not saying the Allies were as bad by any means as the Axis powers), winners rarely find themselves guilty.

Also it a point of view of the person. The French and Russian under ground were or could be considered as evil terrorist organizations if you were German. If you were French or Russian they were heros. Its all just depends on your point of view.

As we know there were allied war crimes, but when compared to the Holocaust and the treatment of POWs by the Japanese (as well as Chinese and Philippine civilians), I think the opinion at the time was to look the other way....

FLYBOYJ said:
As we know there were allied war crimes, but when compared to the Holocaust and the treatment of POWs by the Japanese (as well as Chinese and Philippine civilians), I think the opinion at the time was to look the other way....

110% agree with you Joe.

Yeap agreed.

Nothing beats the Holocaust and what the Japanese. The closest would be what Stalin did to his own people in Russia.

Food for thought though:

What armed force any time in history has not committed war crimes. From the beginning of time to now...

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Yeap agreed.

Nothing beats the Holocaust and what the Japanese. The closest would be what Stalin did to his own people in Russia.

Food for thought though:

What armed force any time in history has not committed war crimes. From the beginning of time to now...

Again 110% agree with you Chris.

Yup, anyone who thinks they are going to wage a war from their alter is fooling themselves.

If you shovel horse **** all day long its impossable not to smell like horse ****. Its just a fact.

:lol:

I would agree with what has been said, there were Allied war crimes that were brushed over because a) they were victorious and b) there were a lot of defendants to find and try from the axis (mainly German and Japanese). The war particularly in the Far East and the Pacific was more brutal than the rest and both sides committed war crimes more often than occured in the Med or in Western Europe.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:

Exactly. When the bullets start zipping by, morality and right and wrong often take a back seat to survival. Plus adrenaline and emotion can carry men to do things they wouldn't normally do. That is one of the reasons that discipline is so important. Allied war crimes I am sure happened, but the scope and scale was nowhere near that of the axis. You will have incidents that happen here and there that are regrettable, but that is a far cry from systemic mass murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back