Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

amazing as usual Wayne, but can you see where you've improved your skills when you look at your older models or were you born a talented sod !!!!

I have a special 'Early days' "Perspective model" that sits in my cabinet.....when I was a mere padawan and didn't know any better and still learning the ways of the force.....:D
The old Fujimi Fw190A kit slapped together with ordinary glue, crappy seams, brush painted in the wrong colours, decals straight on the Matt paint...and so on....BUT at the time it was the best goddam model I had built and I loved it.!!!.....learn't a lot and got a bit better now I think?:oops:

So a brief interruption in the current viewing schedule for a squiz at my "Perspective Model"

...even got the wing decals @rse about, top should be on the bottom and vice versa...

Attachments

• Fujimi Fw190A-7_3849.JPG
    Fujimi Fw190A-7_3849.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Fujimi Fw190A-7_3850.JPG
    Fujimi Fw190A-7_3850.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Fujimi Fw190A-7_3851.JPG
    Fujimi Fw190A-7_3851.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Fujimi Fw190A-7_3852.JPG
    Fujimi Fw190A-7_3852.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 92
The skills were evident even then mate! Wonder when we first started using a gloss coat for decals? I still remember cutting the decals close, to minimize the carrier film and silvering - that used to be the 'standard' way!
Looks bl**dy good mate, how long ago was that? And if you say 'two years' I'll...........

Wayne, it is no use to blow the sunshine on your...:lol:. You know that your models are very good. But they have allso something substantial. They look like reall thing in smal scale. Your paiting job and finishing is atisticly well done. You are an wonderfull artist Wayne. Thanks for showing them:D

Well...thankyou for your very kind comments Guys! I do appreciate them!:D

I dont know how long ago I built the Fujimi 190....25 plus years ago I guess? I did do a Trimaster Heinz Bar Red 13 back in 89, which I still have....I am still yet to Redo Red 13 to bring it up to a more accurate version..didn't have reference photo's back then!

OK more shots of the Dora....

Attachments

• 7_Black really Blue 12_3081.JPG
    7_Black really Blue 12_3081.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 8_Black really Blue 12_3076.JPG
    8_Black really Blue 12_3076.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 9_Black really Blue 12_3083.JPG
    9_Black really Blue 12_3083.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 89
Undoubtedly she should have been Blue Twelve but the model is a masterpiece Wayne.I admire your skills of painting.Simply cool. :cool:

Great sh!t as always Wayne...

Lookin at ur A-7, I can see how ur skills have advanced, still its a great lookin kite... Kinda reminds me of when I compare my Dortenmann A-8 with my Sachsenberg D-9...

The detail on Blue12 is great man, the exhaust looks tits.... One thing my military attention to detail points out is why the landing gear struts look so clean??? Have they been replaced since the comp???

Great sh!t as always Wayne...

Lookin at ur A-7, I can see how ur skills have advanced, still its a great lookin kite... Kinda reminds me of when I compare my Dortenmann A-8 with my Sachsenberg D-9...

The detail on Blue12 is great man, the exhaust looks tits.... One thing my military attention to detail points out is why the landing gear struts look so clean??? Have they been replaced since the comp???

Haven't touched it since I finished it way back then....wasn't an area I thought about I'm afraid.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back