Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

next one up is a 2000-2001 second place getter in Melbourne and Adelaide.

Tamiya Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 done as an E-7 of Oberleutnant Joachim Muncheberg, Staffel Kapitan of 7/JG26 in the Mediterranean theatre.

Attachments

• 1_Bf109E-7_5594.JPG
    1_Bf109E-7_5594.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 2_Bf109E-7_5593.JPG
    2_Bf109E-7_5593.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 3_Bf109E-7_5598.JPG
    3_Bf109E-7_5598.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 161
wow I love the 109 and that model is absolutely fab hang on though..... of course its going to be its yours after all 8) when I do my 1/72 109E it will look nothing like that even if I tried great job Wayne :thumbup:

I'm running out of smilies here Wayne. Truly great model.
Those holes next to wing canons...Are they ex-machine gun ports? Was this Muncheberg's Bf 109E-7 converted from some earlier mark of Emil? E-1 perhaps?

I'm running out of smilies here Wayne. Truly great model.
Those holes next to wing canons...Are they ex-machine gun ports? Was this Muncheberg's Bf 109E-7 converted from some earlier mark of Emil? E-1 perhaps?

Thanks Guys...

No mate, they are Gun camera ports added to Munchebergs aircraft, you will also note the extra hole(s) added to the front cowl...these extra cooling ports are only known and visible on Munchebergs 7th Staffel 109;s while based in the Mediterranean theatre.

Photo credit: Model Art Bf109.

Attachments

• Munch 10 oclocka.jpg
    Munch 10 oclocka.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 113
Thanks for the explanation Wayne. German fighters didn't carry gun cameras too often, hence the relatively small number of their kills recorded on film...
Looking forward to more pictures of your wonderful models.

Thanks for the explanation Wayne. German fighters didn't carry gun cameras too often, hence the relatively small number of their kills recorded on film...
Looking forward to more pictures of your wonderful models.

Thanks Igor...not sure just how many did actually carry cameras, mostly Experten in the early days in E's and F's, most later war 190's had the capability for cameras...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back