Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know @%$£! !£$%@$! means Bikkuli(meaning stunning) in Japanese.

Bikkuli, Bikkuli!!!(Sorry guys:))

Thanks Guys!!:D:D

Attachments

• 38_A7M1_2836.jpg
    38_A7M1_2836.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 39_A7M1_2835.jpg
    39_A7M1_2835.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 136
  • 40_A7M1_2834.jpg
    40_A7M1_2834.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 137
Wisha wizard could do the opposite - always fancied a full sized Spit, or Mustang, or Mosquito or....
Thanks for the new Japanese word Shinpachi - I'll try that one on my youngest daughter, who is learning Japanese at the moment.

Please try "Bikkuli" for your brilliant daughter, Airframes:)
I think she is great because Japanese language is as complicatable as Korean or Mongolian (Mongolian, Korean and Japanese are brother languages of the Urals Altai language family with the same grammar).

Bikkuli is usually writen Bikkuri in Roman letters on text book but we have no pronunciation for 'R' but 'L'.
When one learn Japanese, he or she had better replace all Rs with Ls to pronounce correctly.
We don't say Hiroshima but Hiloshima for example8)
Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the help there Shinpachi ! My daughter has been teaching herself, and 'talks' to people in Japan on the Internet, and also does some wonderful Japanese cartoon atrwork and stories - I've forgotten the name for it - but she has been told by an American publisher that they are interested in her work! The problem is, she's been too busy with her school work to progress with the publication (she'll be 16 on Sunday), and as I only get to see her two or three times a month, I haven't been able to help. I am impressed with her ability to speak, read and write in Japanese though, which she started about two to three years ago.
Sorry Wayne, butting in on your thread mate.

It's no problem at all, my friend!:D...go for it.

Attachments

• 45_A7M1_2832.JPG
    45_A7M1_2832.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 44_A7M1_2827.jpg
    44_A7M1_2827.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 141
  • 43-A7M1_2826.jpg
    43-A7M1_2826.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Wayne for giving us a good opportunity to talk about the recent culture trend of young generation between UK and Japan.

Thanks Airframes for such a very interesting story about your daughter.
She has a big future with no border on internet!

Bikkuli is usually writen Bikkuri in Roman letters on text book but we have no pronunciation for 'R' but 'L'.
When one learn Japanese, he or she had better replace all Rs with Ls to pronounce correctly.
We don't say Hiroshima but Hiloshima for example8)
QUOTE]

Interesting Shinpachi, thanks! I always wondered why Japanese tourists I met pronounced the 'R's in english words as 'L's - now I know! :D

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back