Weathering, Wear, and Overall Use: Modeling Techniques (1 Viewer)

Ok next couple of pages up...

So after reviewing some of the builds you guys are doing and wondering "What-the-(cough)" I have gotten myself into, I decide to google Master Modeling Techniques to pick up some tips and guess where I ended up at.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hands down the best How-To I found, sign me up for a copy of your book!
 
Does this weathering just for planes cause I am about to do a German Opel Blitz and would want to weather it?

Any weathering method can apply to any type of model...just check your references!:D
 
Something I read about a while back and thought was interesting was the use of a silver colored artists pencil. So off to the art store and bought a couple of them. Sharpened the tip and used an older junk model to practice on. This poor model has taken quite the abuse as a test subject. Anyway, it works pretty good. With a sharp point it allows some pretty accurate detailing. I wouldn't use it for large areas, but for some spots and areas you don't want to risk using a brush, it's ok.
 
just found this site, its given me some confidence to try some of the techniques shown and now i,ve a rough idea of what you guys rae going on about :lol:
World War 2 Airplane Model - Learn to Make Realistic Plastic Models of World War 2 Airplanes.

Awesome resource!!
 
I use a Quilters Pencil that I got in a grocery store for under 3$.

weather.JPG


Geo
 
Plain old Prismacolor.
 
Good grief Charlie III,
this thread was started long before I joined up..............
and it's bloody well still relevant!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back