Western wings under the Red Star

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
Wow! I share with you this fantastic and extensive report bringing a super collection of incredible, stunning and rare photos showing various types of American and British fighters in service with the Soviet Air Force during World War II. Many of the images and planes shown in the article were unknown to me and did not even know they had flown with the legendary Red Star. Be sure to visit the link below, you will also be amazed by the images:

Aviação em Floripa: Asas Ocidentais sob a Estrela Vermelha

Best Regards!

Well-known shots mostly. But the one with the early LaGG-3 fighter ( red 46 ) in is really a rare image of a foreign kite used by Russians. :thumbright:

Thanks for sharing, I havent seen the photo of the early Mustang in Soviet colors. Photos of Western equipment, planes, tanks, are not that common. Other than the P-39/63, the closed Soviet Propaganda didn't like to publicize the use of Western equipment. Almost 20,000 Western tanks made it to Russia, but nearly ever Soviet photo shows the T-34 in the lead, reality one in five or one in four tanks in any battle could have been Western.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back