What annoyed you today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you Mac? 16? Get a job my boy. I had one starting at 14. There was not anything I wanted that I could not pay for myself. Well except maybe for my motorcycle and car insurance. ;)

Smile when you say that, pardner...

You'll miss Corpus after you get back to the Redneck Riviera!!!

Miss Corpus??? That's like missing getting beat up by your older brother.

So I was flying a low level flight today. Hit this one checkpoint up by Austin. This dude has a ranch with a big lake shaped like the state of Texas. He had a pool shaped like Texas too.

Seriously - these texas pride nuts really take it to an extreme. :D

Hard works makes a good man! I've worked since I was 14 too. I was actually excited to be old enough to get a job. Why can't all people have that work ethic. Then, we wouldn't have welfare... liberals...

mkloby

Seems like that was all I ever did was work. I had trhee jobs at a time most of the time when I was 18 to 25. Got a good job at 21 (one of the three) working for Ma Bell. Got drafted when I was 26, guess where I went.

Doesn't matter, came home to a good job waiting and a good woman too until I screwed that up. Seems a whole new ball game now with kids having to go to college to get a decent job and having to compete with all the imported dickhead help. Not so easy I suspect.

Still, wish I were young again, I'd give em all a go.

I just googled the Lt. Dan Band cause I had not heard of it but remember Forrest Gump well. Well hey, what a trip. Gary Sinise a musician. I would go for that kind of sound too. Great actor.

>>>I just think that musicans and actors that do stuff to benifit the soldiers is a great thing.

I saw Bob Hope at Pope AFB in 1987. Pres. Reagan was there along with brooke sheilds, don johnson, barbara mandrell and "Alabama"...

damn... long time ago..

For USO shows we had the Redskins and Bengals Cheerleaders, Tom Green, Gena Lee Nolin (playboy centerfold/baywatch), Puddle of Mudd, WWE, and quite a few more that I can not remember.

The best part was that as a Blackhawk crewmember I got to fly them around to all the locations.

I missed the Bob Hope show in 1967, but was ordered to attend an Eddie Arnold show. I hated western music but it was better than laying in my hooch smoking.

a pretty shitty day ........... found out this afternoon that a nephew is addicted to drugs

Bummer. But not the end. My stepson married a beautiful girl with two kids. Somehow he didn't figure out she had a habit till a year or 2 into the marriage. Speed freak, tweaker, meth-head, whatever, pretty soon he was doing it.

Not for long, he turned out to be a strong person. Now, after being straight for quite a while, he has full custody of the kids (two beautiful healthy girls) and she is still in the slam. I don't foresee her ever getting custody but you never know in the laws of the libs.

All I can say is that I am damn proud of him.

So don't give up...ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back