What annoyed you today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm what was annoying to me today... Like the nerd I am, i was playing Aces High II when some random fool - the typical American stereotype - popped up and would not stop insulting the Spitfire and (mush worse) the pilots who flew them. He stated that it was such a 'nooby plane' ... that those who fly it are noobs and can't do anything.

I asked him if he'd ever met 'Sonic23' - w very very good Spit pilot in the game. He (his name is Suprano, btw) said 'yes' so i asked him:
"Ever get shot down by him?"

"Yes, b/c he was lucky"

"So all those times I had a shot on you today, I was just lucky?"

"Yes" he says, "That sh*tfire is just a nooby, useless a/c and so is Sonic bla bla blah etc."

"If it's so crappy, then why is he so successful? Shouldnt he be considered good for winning in a nooby plane?"

"No, because it sucks."

"..."

"That's why Britain needed the help of the U.S. b/c the Spitfire and their pilots were so crappy.. Ok, i gtg all <S>"

"wow... he left......"

Now I'm thinking, wow... how can you have such disrespect.. not just for the plane, but for all those who flew it... and for another country?! If it sucked so much WHY did the 52ns and 31st FG's of the USAAF lend-lease them? Why did they (with help from the hurricane) win the Battle of Britain? Who were the first to master the American planes like the Corsair? the BRITS. Not saying that the Yanks smell, but this one gives the rest a bad name. I am personally an F4U pilot, but I'm not bias or prejudiced against those great men ... Some of my workmates are the greatest, kindest people ever who flew Spits in WWII and they don't deserve to be disrespected like this... I don't take lightly to stupid behaviour like this...

Were we on full moon, yesterday ?

The bar at the place where I work officially started it's season... It closed at 3:00 this morning. There was a few fights. Some troublemakers got... erhm... "ejected" by the bouncers.

One of those smart@ss was evcen so pissed off against the bouncers that he pulled the manual fire alarm... I was called there at 2:00 AM to make it stop. It sounds like nothing but it took me 15 minutes to understand how the control pannel worked in order to shut down the alarm... And an other 30 minutes to try (yeah, I didn't succeed) to open the manual fire alarm to reset the system.

Hmm what was annoying to me today... Like the nerd I am, i was playing Aces High II when some random fool - the typical American stereotype - popped up and would not stop insulting the Spitfire and (mush worse) the pilots who flew them. He stated that it was such a 'nooby plane' ... that those who fly it are noobs and can't do anything.

I asked him if he'd ever met 'Sonic23' - w very very good Spit pilot in the game. He (his name is Suprano, btw) said 'yes' so i asked him:
"Ever get shot down by him?"

"Yes, b/c he was lucky"

"So all those times I had a shot on you today, I was just lucky?"

"Yes" he says, "That sh*tfire is just a nooby, useless a/c and so is Sonic bla bla blah etc."

"If it's so crappy, then why is he so successful? Shouldnt he be considered good for winning in a nooby plane?"

"No, because it sucks."

"..."

"That's why Britain needed the help of the U.S. b/c the Spitfire and their pilots were so crappy.. Ok, i gtg all <S>"

"wow... he left......"

Now I'm thinking, wow... how can you have such disrespect.. not just for the plane, but for all those who flew it... and for another country?! If it sucked so much WHY did the 52ns and 31st FG's of the USAAF lend-lease them? Why did they (with help from the hurricane) win the Battle of Britain? Who were the first to master the American planes like the Corsair? the BRITS. Not saying that the Yanks smell, but this one gives the rest a bad name. I am personally an F4U pilot, but I'm not bias or prejudiced against those great men ... Some of my workmates are the greatest, kindest people ever who flew Spits in WWII and they don't deserve to be disrespected like this... I don't take lightly to stupid behaviour like this...

This guy was just a jack ass and piece of ****, but it sounds to me like you make a living of stereotyping too...

sadly after a very short weekend with in-laws, thank GOD for that, my wifes parents are sliding quickly, losing memory, practically destroying my oldest grand-daughters, love for playing the piano

Dementia is setting in, my father in-law blew his top at me, and for what ?? ........

very very sad, my wife is heart broken, it will be sometime we set foot in their home in the northland

kinda took the wind out of my sails this past weekend

ah well Christmas is coming shortly and I am ready for it, need a change of look and pace. now to get you guys some snow in the Bayern .... ;)

I wish Erich, I am still praying for a white christmas. This certainly has been the worst winter I have ever experienced in Germany. It was even colder on some days in Iraq than it has been here in Bavaria the last few weeks. It is finally getting cold now though.

Matt what do you smoke or drink taht makes you such a calm and nice person?

Having to put up with this bullshit at work.

Believe me I had my moments. But with two kids, I can't wig out. And what purpose would it serve. Can't change things that are beyond my realm of influence.
:D

These stupid presentations are pointless...Luckily I dont have powerpoint at home so I cant do any work on it. Brilliant.

Paying the bills - isn't great when you get paid and it feels like you have money... until the fluffed up number that was your bank account is no more...

Adler We try every day to make it nice but ag you know one of the other guys said he is leaving on the 25 of this month and who is going to work in his place at that branch is the problem now.

Today went pretty well.

As Matt put it. You cant change that. Make the best of it my friend.

You know what I do when I am having a bad day. Sometimes I feel like going out and getting drunk and just forgetting about it but I dont do that because that is just a temporary end to the problem.

I either go to the Gym and work out and then hit the Sauna for a few hours or I go home and make myself a hot bath, poor myself one glass (only one glass) of a good whiskey, grab myself a good book and lay in the tub and read. Afterword what ever I did, I feel better and I enjoyed myself.

exactamundo !

exercise relieves STRESS, i should know that pretty bloody well, good for the soul, mind and body. Blow off the bad days and keep yourself occupied with something on the healthy side of things, and thank GOD you are ALIVE !

EVERYONE OF YOU .......... ~ ♫ ♪ ♫ life is too short and so full of uptightness anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back