What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Someone told me it's spring. If that's so, then why I did I get p*ss wet through with snow, hail, and an ice storm this afternoon ?!!!

Someone told me it's spring. If that's so, then why I did I get p*ss wet through with snow, hail, and an ice storm this afternoon ?!!!

Because you don't live across the street from me? Also, what is this "snow" thing you speak of? I know what ice is, I put it in my scotch all the time, so is snow a flavored ice or something?

Snow (and incessant rain) are a form of liquid sun, extremely common in the UK and, specifically England, particularly on the western edge of the Pennines.
If we ever get that bright orb in the sky, it results in many calls to the Police, ATC, MoD, RAF etc etc, reporting UFO sightings !!

And you put ice in your whiskey ?
Good heavens man, that's sacrilege - didn't you know they put water in it when they make it, so no need to add more ?!!
Oh, and because you live in the 'sunshine' state - I hate you, and I bet you have a tan too !!

My tan isn't - it's rust !!!

I hate you for the sun - but at least you're becoming civilized, by omitting the ice !!

Been without Internet for 2 days, and still not got the problem sorted with the remote server. Doing this on a 'hooked up' connection with I.E, so no access to other systems or files. Very annoying - I might even be forced to utter something like "oh, bother !".

Still got the Internet connection problem, and my service provider can't identify the source or cause !
The only thing they can think of, is that a very recent automatic systems up-date has created an incompatibility issue with my 'dongle', which now around 4 or 5 years old.
Both myself and the service provider have run various diagnostic checks, and no fault can be found with the PC, or with the 'dongle'. The latter is evidently working, to an extent, as it can be re-installed and shows up as installed and working, and, of course, there is 'net access - just not to the 'proper' location. I'm assuming their 'diagnosis' is more or less correct, as, in I.T. terms, this dongle is old stuff.
It's driving me nuts, as I can only get a very slow, and much restricted connection via I.E., and find it impossible to do some tasks, such as check my bank account details, as the system 'times out', being so slow.

The good news is, I've been able to get a much better deal with a free up-grade, which I'm assured will also cure the problem, and it suits me admirably. Monthly use has been exceeding my allowance recently, which has been costing more and more each month, but the 'new' up-grade not only works out around the same as I was originally paying (which they've arranged as a form of compensation), and a lot less than I've actually been paying over the last few months (and cheaper than fibre optic), it is also a lot faster (4G WiFi), and the allowance should have been almost four times that of my present monthly use allowance, but they've actually doubled that too, giving me 6.5 times more than I have been getting.
The only problem is, as it's a Public Holiday here in the UK this weekend, I can't get courier delivery of the new bit of kit until Tuesday.
I think I'll hibernate over the weekend !

Yep, it's sometimes disturbing, how we become accustomed to relying on our magic boxes. Before I got the 'Internet', back in August 2008, I wouldn't have dreamed that it would become a, sometimes necessary, way if life !
I've discovered that whatever the problem is, must be something to do with the PC, as I'm using the 'dongle' thingy on my lap top at present, without a problem.
Of course, I'm limited as to what I can actually do, as all my 'stuff' is on the PC, and not duplicated on the lap top !
Now that the problem area is confirmed, I'll get my tame 'expert' around to check-out and fix the PC, before the new kit is installed.

Have a water leak in my utility room and the water's turned off. It's noon and the plumbers aren't here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back