What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suffer from occasional bouts of vertigo, thankfully never that bad, but today's was while I was using a leaf blower to clear the concrete steps outside my front door. Ended up basically blowing myself down the steps to the great amusement of my neighbor. Only injury was to my dignity, which is a shambles.

My e-mail service, 'Hotmail', recently changed to 'Outlook', supposedly an improved service, which I've found cumbersome and slow, compared to the original 'Hotmail'.
Now it's changed again, today, with a new addition shown at the top of the page, 'Focused' and 'Other', both enclosed in an oval, 'flashing' box.
A 'flash message' states that this new feature shows messages which should be dealt with quickly (how the h*ll do they know ?!!) in the 'Focused' section, whilst other messages wait in the 'Other' section.
Now that would be fine - if it worked !
'Clicking' on either of these new 'buttons' has no effect, and the oval surround to both 'titles' just keeps on flashing
The page of e-mail messages, both those already accessed and retained, and new, unopened messages, is now 'subdued', as a background, and now I can't access any messages, and I can't access any other feature in the e-mail 'system', such as the 'Sent' messages or 'Archive' sections, nor can I access 'New', to send a message, or look at e-mail addresses on file !
OK, I accept that this might be a problem due to me having to temporarily use I.E. on a poor connection ( my new 4G WiFi dongle thingy should arrive today, when I can then get a proper, much faster connection and service ), and it might work if I wait longer than the 30 seconds to one minute that I've tried so far. But why add this unnecessary feature anyway, when the original format is more than adequate ?

I'm convinced that the I.T. world is crammed full of 'twenty something' nerds who spend most of their time wondering what they can do next, welded to a seat in front of a computer monitor all of their waking hours, never seeing the sky, f***ing about for the h*ll of it, dreaming up useless additions and modifications to what were perfectly good systems, constantly and repeatedly trying to re-invent the bl**dy wheel, just because they can.
If it ain't broke, don't bl**dy fix it !!!

cleaning my airbrush today, i dropped the internal mechanism that sits against the trigger and draws the needle back. heard the ping ping then nothing.....thought it went down the sink drain...unscrewed the S pipe not in there.....a grid search of the floor in the immediate area....nothing....REALLY....WTF.
Started the search again and found it in the shadows under the cupboard doors against the kickboard at the other end of the cabinets..!!!
How the hell did it get there....4-5 feet away.....30 goddam minutes burned....

Coincidence !
I did exactly the same with my spare airbrush last week !
I dropped the actual trigger button and the clutch fork when stripping and cleaning the 'brush, trying to get rid of that Xtracolor PRU blue that clogged the internals of the 'brush.
I found the trigger, just under my chair, but I can't find the little clutch fork anywhere !
I got fed up looking for it, and put the 'brush aside, as I have another I can use and, when I feel in the mood for it, I can probably cobble together the spare 'brush by using parts from a couple of older ones that I 'retired' some time ago.

My e-mail service, 'Hotmail', recently changed to 'Outlook', supposedly an improved service, which I've found cumbersome and slow, compared to the original 'Hotmail'.
Now it's changed again, today, with a new addition shown at the top of the page, 'Focused' and 'Other', both enclosed in an oval, 'flashing' box.
A 'flash message' states that this new feature shows messages which should be dealt with quickly (how the h*ll do they know ?!!) in the 'Focused' section, whilst other messages wait in the 'Other' section.
Now that would be fine - if it worked !
'Clicking' on either of these new 'buttons' has no effect, and the oval surround to both 'titles' just keeps on flashing
The page of e-mail messages, both those already accessed and retained, and new, unopened messages, is now 'subdued', as a background, and now I can't access any messages, and I can't access any other feature in the e-mail 'system', such as the 'Sent' messages or 'Archive' sections, nor can I access 'New', to send a message, or look at e-mail addresses on file !
OK, I accept that this might be a problem due to me having to temporarily use I.E. on a poor connection ( my new 4G WiFi dongle thingy should arrive today, when I can then get a proper, much faster connection and service ), and it might work if I wait longer than the 30 seconds to one minute that I've tried so far. But why add this unnecessary feature anyway, when the original format is more than adequate ?

I'm convinced that the I.T. world is crammed full of 'twenty something' nerds who spend most of their time wondering what they can do next, welded to a seat in front of a computer monitor all of their waking hours, never seeing the sky, f***ing about for the h*ll of it, dreaming up useless additions and modifications to what were perfectly good systems, constantly and repeatedly trying to re-invent the bl**dy wheel, just because they can.
If it ain't broke, don't bl**dy fix it !!!

Don't hold back, how do you really feel about it?

Also, my tan is fading, we had two days of partly cloudy skies and some morning showers...ugh, getting cabin fever.

Was painting the wheels for the XP-55 last night and one rolled off the work bench and I couldn't find it. Of course I had just painted it black to make it even harder to spot.

Oh dear !
I'd better send you some bottled sun from my place, so that you can restore your tan.
All you need to do, is pour some into your palm, then rub it on. It might look and feel like water - that's because it is water - but it'll give you a tan every bit as good as mine.
Just wait about an hour after applying, and the tan will develop quickly. Don't worry about the odd rust flakes on your shirt - that's normal .

AF, I would reciprocate the favor but the... let me put it delicately, retirees down here guard their sunlight likes it's spun gold, almost got done in by a chap and his golf cart the last time I tried to harvest any, it was a close call I can tell you. This nob had blades mounted on his cart to mow down any bounders that got in his way.

Heck, it must be really tough, being retired in Florida, with all that sun, and beaches and sea.
Not at all like being retired living on the edge of the Pennines, with all the liquid sun, and not a sky in the cloud, and a Hippocroccofrog on every corner.
I mean, what more could one ask for - apart from 'Get me the heck out of this s**t hole, and move me to Florida !'
Now I hate you even more !!!

Don't make me double hate you !
The only bikinis available in this town are made from surplus parachutes (two for the top half) , and a time-expired hot air balloon for the bottom half - and that's the small size !
The 'chicks' are anything but !
There used to be a night club here called 'Preacher's', known to the locals as 'Creatures', for reasons that would soon be apparent if one had the courage to enter !
The er ... females (I think they are, sort of),can't walk, so they sort of slither - the only thing missing is a (very) large shell on their back, not that the back can be distinguished from the front, of course !

I found one in the wild. Took a quick pic.
IMG_0100.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back