What Annoyed You Today? (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dropped a 2 liter plastic bottle of milk - have you seen the mess two liters of milk can make on a kitchen floor ?!!!

That stinks, but I have a funny story related to that from an old job.

One of our workers put a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi in the freezer and took it out at lunch. He dropped it and it exploded covering him, the floor the ceiling, everything!

I walked into the lunch room right after it happened and he was standing there with a shocked look on his face with Pepsi dripping from his face and mustache. I walked up to him and said with a serious voice, "Bill, we need to talk to you about your drinking problem."

He didn't see the humor in it that I did.

I once had a gallon of milk tip over and spill in the back of a S-10 Blazer I use to own. Did my best to clean it up but after a couple of days in the hot sun the stink was terrible. Ended up taking a garden hose inside the back of the car to rinse it. Still had to drive around with the windows open for a couple of weeks.

I once had a gallon of milk tip over and spill in the back of a S-10 Blazer I use to own. Did my best to clean it up but after a couple of days in the hot sun the stink was terrible. Ended up taking a garden hose inside the back of the car to rinse it. Still had to drive around with the windows open for a couple of weeks.
It doesnt take a huge volume, I had a pint bottle of milk rolling around on the floor of my Hillman Hunter GLS, of course the bottle hit something that broke the foil seal and I could never get rid of the smell.

What a nifty little car. I need to use the Googler when some one mentions a non-N. American vehicle
It was a victim of the oil crisis, with 2 twin choke Weber carburetors it did about 5 MPG when cold. It was nothing like "nifty" it only liked a straight line, as top heavy as an overloaded bus with a long and narrow wheel base, despite its power I had much more fun in a 1 litre Mini. Our roads are like this

070214020a.jpg

Last edited:
Lately, I've had a number of e-mails, supposedly from FedEX, informing me that they've tried to contact me, or have a parcel etc etc.
The idiots who send these (for whatever reason), don't seem to realise that their actual e-mail address is shown at the top of the communication !
The latest annoyance has been two 'phone calls, yesterday and today, purporting to come form the 'Windows Technical Department' - note 'Windows', and not Microsoft.
A chap with an indeterminate 'foreign' accent began asking me about my computer. When I interrupted him and asked him to identify himself, the company, and the reason for his call, he hung up.
Bl**dy scammers - pain in the Rs.

I retired on February 1st with the expectation that I would receive my first pension check on April 1st. Well, April Fool's to me. After it didn't come the first week, I called. Looks like they didn't get to the pension board soon enough and they would vote on my pension on April 19th. They then send a check 30 days later which means June 1. These frickin' papers were put in in January!!! Living off my savings which are meager at best and may run out next week. I will be flush with cash on June 1st but............ d@mn!!!!!!

I know that feeling !
I had to chase for seven weeks to get a payment for m y State Pension, which eventually came through, in three separate payments, after eight weeks without money when, like you, I had to dip into my savings.
I'm still chasing the arrears, as they still owe me at least two week's worth of money !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back