What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have had similar issues. What always worked for me was what is called a steroid taper here. Basically decreasing doses of a steroid taken over a week. Usually by day 2 I have significant relief. Mine is caused by an old back injury that occasionally flares up typically due to swelling around a disc in my lumbar region.

Bought first new Bedroom Suite in 14 years, on delivery one night table missing and 3 of the legs of the wifes dresser were broken entirely off. New dresser will arrive this coming Saturday in theory. But it just had to be her dresser that was damaged. Sigh...

Owners have sprung a "managerial reorganisation" on us looks like 9 jobs for 14 people.

My job is safe but i am worried about who is coming in above me as an operations manager.

Hotel not doing as well as expected but they refuse to accept they have made many mistakes rather blame us managers who work in the hotel every day !

Being a retired person means most holidays are just another day. The problem comes when I head off to the bank on a Monday
only to find it closed because of a holiday.:razz::oops:

Sleep ?
Ah, yes, I vaguely remember sleep !

Not so much annoyed, as slightly inconvenienced, and perhaps a little sad.
Just found out that the campsite at Fowlmere, that Karl and I use when go to Duxford, is no longer taking bookings, as it's now fully developed as a 'park home' site.
I was going to meet Karl there next Friday, when we fly out to Holland, but have had to re-arrange things.
Shame for 'Legends' and future Duxford events though, as it was a nice little site, just across the road from the former USAAF airfield, and we'd got to know the site managers very well.
On the plus side though, for the future, I've found another site close to DX - and there's a pub 300 yards away !!!

Er .... no, no, no .... YES !

Had a power cut last night, from around 20.00 hrs until 02.00 hrs, which prevented me from getting on with the final stages of the Meteor model for the 46 Sqn anniversary dinner next week.
Got up this morning, and the power went off again at around 10.00 hrs, just as I was about to spray the final clear coat, didn't come back on until 13.30 hrs.
I'm now feverishly working to get the model finished, having lost so much time, but should have it done by Sunday night - if there aren't any more bl**dy power cuts !!
I hope there aren't, as it's already quite dark, due to heavy thunderstorms.

The leak in the foundation/wall is back in the master bedroom. It has been "fixed" twice now but it appears someone did not explain that to the leak. Mitigating it is the responsibility of the HOA so while I don't have to pay for it directly, indirectly I have to move furniture away from the wall and my carpet will no doubt be replaced again after the next attempt at repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back