What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AUUUGGGGHHHHH! Bumped into a neighbor I do not know very well today in the parking lot. She is in her 70's and saw me carrying a newly purchased kit home from the car. She said "I wish I knew you liked those things, I just cleaned out a closet after my husband passed and threw about 100 of those out. They were mostly tanks and planes."

AUUUGGGGHHHHH! Bumped into a neighbor I do not know very well today in the parking lot. She is in her 70's and saw me carrying a newly purchased kit home from the car. She said "I wish I knew you liked those things, I just cleaned out a closet after my husband passed and threw about 100 of those out. They were mostly tanks and planes."
Who did you piss-off in a previous life?

I feel for you Robert, and the state of Royal Mail these days get my back up.
I received two letters today, informing me of important changes to the way my utilities bills have to be paid, due to now being in receipt of State Pension, and telling me this must be actioned within 7 days, or further costs and charges will be incurred.
Both letters are dated (and presumably posted on) 5th May so it's taken 8 days for them to travel 12 miles !!!
Hell's Teeth ! It was faster when the mail was delivered by a horse-drawn coach !

Royal Mail are better than Australia Post though by a long shot.

I regularly get track and trace packages from the UK and the tracking ends the moment the package is handed over to AusPost.
It starts again about two days after the item is delivered and just says delivered. I use track and trace due to the high loss rate.

When it is lost (about one in three) I have to go back to Royal Mail to get the waybill number that it was on when transferred to AusPost because AusPost say it is my responsibility, not theirs - obviously they are not capable of doing it themselves. Their official policy is we do not track any international mail weighing under 2kg.

As for speed they are a little faster than Royal Mail but not much. You pay extra for "express post" and I have had express post packages take 12 days for 500km and 32 days from Melbourne to Madang PNG. The fastest to Madang from Melbourne was four days but that was because it went via Vancouver in Canada (BIG Received in Error in Vancouver BC felt marker message on the front of it)

My son just had surgery in his neck to repair a blockage that showed up in an ultra-sound. Once they started rooting around, they couldn't find a problem so stitched him back up and sent him home. This cost him a weeks pay, hotel and gas money, and travel. There will be questions........

Air con doesn't work well in either grader I ran and though the temp. is only 20°C, with all the large windows, it's greatly magnified. I told them if it doesn't get fixed PDQ I will be running the grader naked and that won't be pretty

discovered a Fanbelt under my traytop work ute today....yep looked under the hood and sure enough one wasn't where it's suppose to be....luckky it's a 2 belt system, I can get it to a repair place in the morning...

That today is June 6, 73rd anniversary, and Google doodle was an image of a Japanese GO player from 185 years ago, which was removed and now there's not even a message or anything, just their stupid google logo, no commemoration. And some lame asz excuse about "technical issues" at the last minute. My BS meter pegged when I read that, they had no intention of honoring those brave souls.:rage::rage::rage:

Uber driver scared way too many of my few remaining years off my life today. Turned around, in heavy traffic, to offer me a bottle of water for 8 bucks. Car immediately drifted into oncoming lane, wife plastered herself to the back of the seat and screamed, I am sure I had a horrified look on my face, he turned around when oncoming traffic began to blow their horns and proceeded to berate the other drivers for "getting in his way". Then asked if I wanted a melted candy bar for half off!

A power outage that lasted from 4:30 to 7:30 pm and affected all of West Lethbridge. That meant for a late supper
because all of the fast food outlets on this side of town were powerless as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back