What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one takes the cake. I had two Amazon packages due. Also had outgoing mail in the box. Saw the postman, who was a new one, and running 5 hours later than normal, as I was leaving to run an errand. Showed him my ID and asked if he had any packages for me. He said no, when I came back home 30 minutes later our outgoing mail had not been picked up and no incoming mail. 30 minutes after that I heard something at my door, and caught site of the postman leaving. There was one of my packages. Still no mail, and still did not pick up outgoing mail. Woke up this morning to an email from Amazon saying they were sorry I was not at home to receive my package. Further they said I would need to go to the post office to collect it in the next two days or it would be returned to Amazon.

Drove to the post office which turned out not to be a "delivery" post office. Got directions to go to a different post office across town. Waited in line, explained what happened. Lady said to return to lobby, enter my tracking number into the Kiosk and get a print out and bring that back to the counter. Did that. Got to the counter again, different fellow. He said let me check. Came back about 10 minutes later and said the package was out for delivery. Went home. On the door at the house was a missed delivery notice stating I could collect the package this coming Monday. No missed delivery notice was left the first time, they never even rang the doorbell for the one package they did leave.

And people wonder why we make jokes about the piss poor service at the post office?!?!?!

We always had a PO Box growing up. A fond memory I have is when I was deemed old enough and responsible enough to walk the one block to the Post Office and check the mail and bring it home. It was one of those old fashioned 2 wheel boxes that was highly detailed and engraved. I always thought they look so "official".

Back from Holland to cold, wet weather. Turned on the central heating (in June !) and the bl**dy thing doesn't work - looks like the pump has packed up !
These things always seem to happen on a weekend, when no one is around to fix it !

What annoyed me? Everything I have seen, heard and read about the London tower block inferno. Of the dozens of issues raised in less than 24 hrs it seems that the building was clad in flammable material to improve the selling price of surrounding million/billionaires houses.

41687B4A00000578-0-image-a-17_1497469011386.jpg

Not a political issue, every politician and party since 1945 has had its hand in this. Oh if you fancy a place like this, a two bed apartment, for London's poor, costs about $2500 a month.

we had kept the opposition scoreless in our Lacrosse game today, and then they scored in the final minute...bummer so we had to settle with a 14 to 1 scoreline..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back