What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amazon sent me an email asking me to update my payment method as it had been declined. Yet when I checked my bank statement the charge had gone through, twice. Called Amazon (was amazed I got to speak to a human), they said it was an error on their end and they would refund the second charge IN 5 business days!

Amazon sent me an email asking me to update my payment method as it had been declined. Yet when I checked my bank statement the charge had gone through, twice. Called Amazon (was amazed I got to speak to a human), they said it was an error on their end and they would refund the second charge IN 5 business days!
What can you expect? Bezos wants immediate payment but as a "commoner", you have to wait for your money in return. I don't do Amazon at all and no Evil bay anymore.

Got run off the road this morning by some idiot in a pick-up. No signal, just cut me off. Forced me onto the shoulder, where I went into a skid and ended up stalled in the middle of the highway facing oncoming traffic. A guy in a dump truck courteously blocked two lanes of traffic so I could turn around and get going in the proper direction, so not all bad.

Was getting changed in my bedroom this morning when I heard a loud BANG followed by the sound of a rider lawnmower receding. Opened the curtains to this!
IMG_0296.jpg

Woke up and sneezed, hard! When using a tissue a LOT of blood. Thought I had a bloody nose, but when I wiped it off it turned out it was a single pore on the outside side of my nose????? Weird but it was pumping blood out faster than a Texas oil well! Never had this happen before and took a long time to get it to stop! Plus ruined my favorite bathrobe, looks like I went 10 rounds with a heavy weight boxer!!!!

PhotoBucket has just changed their terms of service. Basically they lowered the free space threshold to 2Gigs, and turned off 3rd party hosting links. Unless you buy a $399.00 USD per year plan, paid in full, you cannot link to your hosted images any longer and existing links will be replaced by a warning. They are gradually moving through their user base and applying this limit so if you have not yet been impacted you should download any pictures you have that are only available to you there. This has already impacted this forum, have a look through some of the recent build threads and you will see what I mean.

The worst part is, if you previously qualified for a free account, but under the lowered limit of 2Gig you no longer do, you will find your account suspended until you pay for a paid plan. In essence they are holding your pictures hostage.

Asked for a staff rate at another hotel owned by the same company.

It was actually £28 per night more expensive than the best available rate for joe public !

Guess i am right when i think i am not very well thought of by my bosses.

PhotoBucket has just changed their terms of service. Basically they lowered the free space threshold to 2Gigs, and turned off 3rd party hosting links. Unless you buy a $399.00 USD per year plan, paid in full, you cannot link to your hosted images any longer and existing links will be replaced by a warning. They are gradually moving through their user base and applying this limit so if you have not yet been impacted you should download any pictures you have that are only available to you there. This has already impacted this forum, have a look through some of the recent build threads and you will see what I mean.

The worst part is, if you previously qualified for a free account, but under the lowered limit of 2Gig you no longer do, you will find your account suspended until you pay for a paid plan. In essence they are holding your pictures hostage.
All the more reason not to use Photo butt f*&^.

All the more reason not to use Photo butt f*&^.
I agree, and I don't. However Imagr and Flickr have also amended their terms of service to discourage hot linking. And while I don't blame them, very few forums other than this one allow direct picture uploads. Imagr flat out prohibits it, and Flickr has some conditions that are gray around it. Most other image hosting services free or not are gradually transitioning away from allowing 3rd party linking unless you pay for it. Not something I have an issue with other than it is going to render potentially millions of past posts useless. As the illustrations and pictures disappear from forums and web sites a lot of valuable content will be lost. A sign of the times I suppose. Personally I use Flickr at the moment but am transitioning to my own domain which costs less than any of the paid image hosting plans per year.

This forum and PaperModelers are the only two sites that I've uploaded photos to and may well be the only sites with direct upload. They are the only ones that I have knowledge of at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back