What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocket Scientist of a customer keeps sending me the same system system board for different problems. 1st time it will not hold data/time/CMOS settings. Find they have hot melted the coin cell cmos battery into it's socket and the glue it has gotten in between the battery and the contact on the system board. Less than a month later sends it back stating "no video". I verified the issue and found hot melt glue inside the PCIe slot and all over several pins in the socket that the video card plugs into, cleaned it out and magic it has video....

Moral of the story, don't be a dumba$$....

Oh, they get billed. Only issue is the Bossman brings it back in under our warranty so it counts against my quarterly bonus. I got him to not do it on this one.

Next moral of the story "I CAN fix stupid, but it's gonna hurt and they may not survive"!!!
Only issue is the Bossman brings it back in under our warranty so it counts against my quarterly bonus?

Explain please

A friend who did fancy wood work was pestered on a long job, "how soon?", "how soon?", etc. When my friend sent the bill for the completed job, just before the total amount was a "PIA tax". When the customer asked, he was told it was a Pain In the Ass tax. The bill was paid in full.

I recall reading where an automated bottling machine at a factory in Mexico was screwing up. The manufacturer sent a tech to look at it. He found that the Mexicans had not bothered to read the manual to see how to reprogram it via the control system to slow down the production rate. Instead they had hooked a Variac variable transformer to the motor that drove the bottle transport and slowed it down. Well, that meant that the bottles were running at one speed while the rest of the machine was programmed to run at a faster speed, so nothing was in sync.

It is not possible to make anything idiot proof because idiots are too darn smart.

Last edited:
So, my daughter started her new job today, four hours of orientation, but she's not on the work schedule until next week. She is freaking out because she needs to earn (and save) over $5K to cover her car insurance and her senior trip.
Now, being the helpful father that I am, I plugged "PT jobs near me" into the google and, lo and behold, I found a match. "Mermaid at Seaquest".
I read her the responsibilities and requirements, all well within her talents, (with the possible exception of "bright, cheerful personality".)
She was not grateful!
Kids.

So, my daughter started her new job today, four hours of orientation, but she's not on the work schedule until next week. She is freaking out because she needs to earn (and save) over $5K to cover her car insurance and her senior trip.
Now, being the helpful father that I am, I plugged "PT jobs near me" into the google and, lo and behold, I found a match. "Mermaid at Seaquest".
I read her the responsibilities and requirements, all well within her talents, (with the possible exception of "bright, cheerful personality".)
She was not grateful!
Kids.
But can she spit water at visitors like they train the whales and dolphins to do. That would be a job benefit in itself IMHO.

The fact that I have nothing to post except the weather report. Now the I am over sixty, I have notice the normal aging process. The brain is starting to knock and miss fire. I will be at work talking about the same thing I have taught since the 90s and I have to pause to remember the word I need. I'm starting to think it is not just getting older. I could not remember the name of a street i used the past 20 years. I need a beer, no wait. I don't like beer, where is the bourbon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back