What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Once again hobbling around work with a bad back and no strength in my legs when the Boss says to me "You look like schmitt", to which I replied "Thanks for telling me, I would have never known otherwise". He laughed, I walked (hobbled slowly) away.
He did tell me to go home, but what's the difference between being miserable at home as opposed to being miserable at work?

at home you have nothing to distract you from your discomfort

Once again hobbling around work with a bad back and no strength in my legs when the Boss says to me "You look like schmitt", to which I replied "Thanks for telling me, I would have never known otherwise". He laughed, I walked (hobbled slowly) away.
He did tell me to go home, but what's the difference between being miserable at home as opposed to being miserable at work?
Rum and coke at home!

As someone who works from home on most days, I'd say having my personal coffee pot and my favorite coffee just down the hall. Oh, and just having to roll out of bed and walk down the hall to my office. That's the difference… :D

well yesterday actually.

Spotify suddenly stopped transmitting music to my car speakers via bluetooth, checked with a portable bluetooth speaker and same thing !

tried looking at settings, unpaired and re paired my Samsung to both my car and the speaker, nothing !

checked by playing something directly from my phone, that worked fine, so was defiantly Spotify that was the problem.

ended up uninstalling the app then re installing it and bingo it works again.

never understand how an app can work fine one day then suddenly doesn't the next ????

well yesterday actually.

Spotify suddenly stopped transmitting music to my car speakers via bluetooth, checked with a portable bluetooth speaker and same thing !

tried looking at settings, unpaired and re paired my Samsung to both my car and the speaker, nothing !

checked by playing something directly from my phone, that worked fine, so was defiantly Spotify that was the problem.

ended up uninstalling the app then re installing it and bingo it works again.

never understand how an app can work fine one day then suddenly doesn't the next ????
Next time update the app. It is very possible an app stops working when there is an update available. Thats why when you re installed it worked again. You then had the latest version.

Yesterday actually.

Last night I turned on the TV news to watch a specific item (an interview with a friend, which ended up in the post news program about things in the news) and it seemed that every second story started with a snowflake announcement.

"This story may distress some viewers", or "This story contains photos of a person who has died" (not crime scene photos - just a photo of the person taken while they were alive), etc etc etc.

For f*** sake. If you want the news watch the lot and stop wasting any of the few short minutes that the news lasts (take out the ads and sport and there really isn't much left) on snowflake announcements. If you are a snowflake and cannot handle the real world get your news from elsewhere in cloud fairy land where they reside.

Last edited:
Went over to pick up the 2012 van I bought for the wife. Finally found the key in the sales droid's desk. Van wouldn't start, battery way too low. He gets a jump box and gets it started. Even after a minute or so, dash is going nuts and idiot lights show it's not charging. He keeps saying it needs to charge for 15-20 minute or so for the dash to normalize. I point out that at over 2000 rpm, the idiot light for the batter should go out if it's charging. Wife is starting to get agitated as the temp is rapidly climbing into the upper 90's and my truck doesn't have functioning air conditioning right now. He finally decided to run it to the service line and have it checked. Figure I'll get a message late this afternoon that it's fixed and can be picked up tomorrow. It'l have to wait til Saturday, as I've got a new shop tool to pick up tomorrow morning after work.

...grown men getting upset about the Barbie movie (ironically often the same ones criticising others of being "snowflakes"). My irony meter blew up at that point.
Maybe it's just me but calling something out for being what it is doesn't seem "ironic" to me. Then again, I can easily say the same thing about people dismissing Sound Of Freedom as being a "wild conspiracy". So be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back