What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked up a serpentine belt for the truck yesterday. Got out this morning to change it. Fought it for well over an hour before giving up. Found out that even though mine has all the equipment in the cold weather package, it takes the non cold weather package belt. Seems the only difference is the gauge of wire in one harness and one accessory moved slightly. There's like 3/4" difference in belt lengths. Got the little sister to run me up for a rent car and I exchanged the belt. Will finish with it when I get home from work as the cooling system has to be serviced too, since one hose had to come off to change the belt.

Picked up a serpentine belt for the truck yesterday. Got out this morning to change it. Fought it for well over an hour before giving up. Found out that even though mine has all the equipment in the cold weather package, it takes the non cold weather package belt. Seems the only difference is the gauge of wire in one harness and one accessory moved slightly. There's like 3/4" difference in belt lengths. Got the little sister to run me up for a rent car and I exchanged the belt. Will finish with it when I get home from work as the cooling system has to be serviced too, since one hose had to come off to change the belt.
I think you should be glad. Truck on driveway sister on hand. Not stranded on loveless motorways but home. You can say f### it and leave till tomorrow.

Now how is that for luck?

Atta boy the truck a few times. It did not break when you needed it, just needs its proper maintenance.

Took the car in for a brake line recall. They fixed it for free, but gave me a laundry list of stuff that needs fixing. Manifold gasket leak, CV cover leak, mouse nest in cabin air blower, tires, alignment. Over a thousand bucks just for labor. I decided to deal with the air filter myself to save a few bucks. Tires can wait til fall. Oil leaks? Just returning Gaia's lifeblood back to her.

Took the car in for a brake line recall. They fixed it for free, but gave me a laundry list of stuff that needs fixing. Manifold gasket leak, CV cover leak, mouse nest in cabin air blower, tires, alignment. Over a thousand bucks just for labor. I decided to deal with the air filter myself to save a few bucks. Tires can wait til fall. Oil leaks? Just returning Gaia's lifeblood back to her.
No.. tires cant wait, brakes cant either. Rest well...should be done.. would be a drag crashing into a wall knowing you should have. The rest if it isnt working is a nuicence.
Get a second on that. Look up youtube it is not that difficult.

It looks like as a company making money by "advising" to a buissiness model. In europe we have several of them.
Get another to if needed fix.

No.. tires cant wait, brakes cant either. Rest well...should be done.. would be a drag crashing into a wall knowing you should have. The rest if it isnt working is a nuicence.
Get a second on that. Look up youtube it is not that difficult.

It looks like as a company making money by "advising" to a buissiness model. In europe we have several of them.
Get another to if needed fix.
Tires still have 4/32 tread depth, so should last til fall. Even with the 16 year old driving.

Lest time I went to change one, I found that the one I had ordered over a year ago was for the version of the car WITHOUT air conditioning. And I had the car all jacked up off the ground with the belly pan removed, too.....
Didn't have to do that with the truck, but gots lots of bruises from the hood latch and tire tools. Even with the correct belt, it takes holding the tensioner on the max stop to slip the belt on the last pulley.

I already look like it took a couple of rounds from a paintball gun at close range.... :muted:

Even with the correct belt, it takes holding the tensioner on the max stop
The belt on my 2007 Matrix goes more places than the Southern Pacific Railroad. And to bend the tensioner over enough to get the belt on you need a LONG box end wrench that does not have an angled end. This was solved by a $50 extra long non-angled metric box end wrench set. You also need someone to come over and bend the wrench while you are under the car stretching the belt it to the right places, after jacking up the car and removing the belly/wheel well cover. Then, it's easy....

Lest time I went to change one, I found that the one I had ordered over a year ago was for the version of the car WITHOUT air conditioning. And I had the car all jacked up off the ground with the belly pan removed, too.....

On my truck changing the serpentine belt takes about ten minutes and most of that is removing and refitting the fan. Always carry a spare though as if they break you are stranded because the fuel pump electricity comes direct from the alternator - not the battery. Never had one break but I do change them every 100,000km

An example of that management styles intelligence.
The Boat Race in my profession was the Space Shuttle Program.

Sold as being the lowest cost space launch system, ever, with a capability of 50 launches a year at a cost of $14M per launch.

The reality:

Most launches ever achieved in a year: 9. Most of the time never got off more than 8 and for some years achieved 0.

Actual cost per launch has been calculated at $1.5 BILLION each.

Killed 17 people, caused the destruction of all our other space launch capabilities, including running over 25 Atlas boosters with bulldozers because they would not be needed.

And yet, today, you will hear people assert that the Space Shuttle was so expensive and deadly because we did not spend enough money on it.

The Boat Race in my profession was the Space Shuttle Program.

Sold as being the lowest cost space launch system, ever, with a capability of 50 launches a year at a cost of $14M per launch.

The reality:

Most launches ever achieved in a year: 9. Most of the time never got off more than 8 and for some years achieved 0.

Actual cost per launch has been calculated at $1.5 BILLION each.

Killed 17 people, caused the destruction of all our other space launch capabilities, including running over 25 Atlas boosters with bulldozers because they would not be needed.

And yet, today, you will hear people assert that the Space Shuttle was so expensive and deadly because we did not spend enough money on it.
No argument, brother. I am glad we tried.

Looking to paint the house with my wife.
There are 1800 shades.
:banghead:
1800 shades!! Do you mean of the same paint colour outside, or are you talking inside. If you want to match, find a corner that has not seen much of the sun or exposure to use, take a chip and get it matched. Failing that, have fun trying to select the couler you want. When we last did the inside of the house, we just got 3 or 4 colour like, 2 for the bedrooms and 2 for the living area and started painting. :thumbleft: :D

1800 shades!! Do you mean of the same paint colour outside, or are you talking inside. If you want to match, find a corner that has not seen much of the sun or exposure to use, take a chip and get it matched. Failing that, have fun trying to select the couler you want. When we last did the inside of the house, we just got 3 or 4 colour like, 2 for the bedrooms and 2 for the living area and started painting. :thumbleft: :D
Exterior.
We want a new look. There are 1800 different colors. Just pick one!
"But what if we don't like it?"
Aggghh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back