What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You think I haven't driven the Sepulveda Pass? Or San Fran?

I was talking about boot camp, not tech school. I did the rush hour on I-10 with less than ten hours on a stick-shift 73 Toyota Corolla. I can still throw elbows like a mofo, indeed my current truck is a stick. I only do three pedals.

It just doesn't have a .50 pintle mount, damn it.
Born and raised in Orange County - when we had to foray into L.A. or San Berdoo, we'd slap our "Caution! I Brake To Reload" bumper stickers on our cars.

WINDOWS 10 is the worst operating system ever created! I thought that Windows 2000 was POS and MS eventually admitted that they should never had released it. Now, Win 10 seems to have been "upgraded" and when it goes to sleep it will not wake up. The last two nights in a row I finally had to give up and push the power buttn to shut it down. The same thing occurred with a friend's computer on Sunday. They did something to Win 10 last year that forces you to touch the power button to get it to wake up and now it wakes up in terms of giving you the screen saver but becomes totally unresponsive.

WINDOWS 10 is the worst operating system ever created! I thought that Windows 2000 was POS and MS eventually admitted that they should never had released it. Now, Win 10 seems to have been "upgraded" and when it goes to sleep it will not wake up. The last two nights in a row I finally had to give up and push the power buttn to shut it down. The same thing occurred with a friend's computer on Sunday. They did something to Win 10 last year that forces you to touch the power button to get it to wake up and now it wakes up in terms of giving you the screen saver but becomes totally unresponsive.

I think it goes hiberating not sleep.

Ajust settings i would advise.

The 405 or I-5 is where the wheat gets separated from the chaff...
I recall driving from El Segundo up to VAFB late one afternoon. I tried the 405 but then heard KNX say there was a wreck at the top of the Sepulveda Pass. I got off the 405 and headed over to PCH. On my way up PCH they were saying that the 405 was one big parking lot from Mulholland Drive to well into Orange County.

Those were the days, my friend! I was afraid they'd never end. But they did and I escaped to Santa Barbara County. Eventually I traded California's freeways for the DC Beltway - and took the Metrorail to work every day to keep from driving.

My last visit to California was 2001. It seems that they were holding a county-wide stunt driving competition on the freeways, because I am sure that what I saw was not normal out there.

I beg to differ, Window ME was the worst, it crashed before you even pressed the power button!!!! Followed closely by Windows 8.

XP was pretty good. Every one since then has gone downhill. Win 7 was like XP but they added that stupid feature where you clicked on things without actually touching the mouse button. Also a thumb drive that works on XP and Win 10 will not work on Win 7. Win 8 did not work. Win 10 is so friggin' slow and just locks up at times. Win 11 has got to be worse. Me I never screwed with but I got deep into Win 2000 because that was what we used at work; that was what our customer, the USAF, had.

Windows 10 they increased the size of and as a result I now have perfectly good laptop that can no longer run, because it lacks enough disk size for the updated Win 10.

Windows 95 was amazing, in retrospect. Only 150 MB.

The nightmare bloody network again - although they have learnt a little but they say AEST/AEDT so there is still an hours "flexibility" in there. Starts tonight at midnight or 11pm.

1689237785454.png

Everyone agreed that Abobe Flash was POS and needed to be eliminated because the required "patches" averaged more than one a day. Now, that seems to be the norm.

I have a old Win XP computer because there is one program that our company developed that will not run even on XP SP2 unless it was already installed before the SP2 upgrade. I have been through the MicroClown instructions for rectifying that problem and they don't work. Well, that old XP machine takes longer to start than the Win 10 mahcine but once it is up and running XP and its old version of Firefox does EVERYTHING better and faster and more reliably than the Win 10 machine - except play videos. And my ROKU TV blows the Win 10 machine away when it comes to videos.

Continuous worries about the strikes in Hollwood on the news. I don't watch that much TV anymore so the strike is an improvement. The garbage that passes for movies and the TV shows are so cruddy that I hope the strike becomes permanent.
I agree 150%. What passes for entertainment is a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back