What Annoyed You Today? (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was just watching tv for the first time in about a month and there was this aboriginal boomerang expert claiming that the Australian aboriginals invented the helicopter. Not bad for a people that never even developed the wheel. The worst if it is the wanking class will believe it. Hopefully it will be another month before I turn the stupid thing on again.

1688726257120.png

Got the truck fixed this morning...... Was a problem I've never seen before in all the years I've been turning wrenches on stuff. Negative cable on one battery was slightly loose and it had arced ever so slightly and created a high resistance joint. The other battery had done the same on the positive terminal. It's a big load to crank that diesel, so that why there's two 850CCA amp batteries. Between the batteries, they would pass just enough current to let the dome light come on and occasionally let the key chime sound. :muted:

Was just watching tv for the first time in about a month and there was this aboriginal boomerang expert claiming that the Australian aboriginals invented the helicopter. Not bad for a people that never even developed the wheel. The worst if it is the wanking class will believe it. Hopefully it will be another month before I turn the stupid thing on again.

Welcome to the mainstream media. It's worse here in the U.S. which is why I haven't watched ANY.....ANY network tee-vee in 3+ yrs. If you have even half a functioning brain cell, it's insulting. I could go on and on but yeah....

The Aborigines didn't invent the helicopter, they did invent the boomerang - the blades on each of these devices operate slightly differently. Still, they seem to have been much more observant than the white man to understand how a bird's wing works to apply the theory to a piece of wood to get it to return.

TV advert last night, advertising meat as "pre-marinaded". For a start, you MARINATE (verb) with MARINADE (noun) and also it's either marinated or not, so how the hell can anything be "pre-marinated"!!!!! IT'S MARINATED for goodness sake!!!!!

What next? "See you tonight hun, I'm just off to pre-work"???!!!

My Samsung refrigerator's damn ice maker needs attention again! With the hot weather it has frozen up and it's a pain to defrost. Then it doesn't seal properly creating a leaky mess. Argggh! 🤬

My Samsung refrigerator's damn ice maker needs attention again! With the hot weather it has frozen up and it's a pain to defrost. Then it doesn't seal properly creating a leaky mess. Argggh! 🤬

Samsung strikes again !!

They got over exploding iphones, washing machines that catch fire etc etc but still manage to stuff up every other product :( My Samsung digital TV that I was forced to buy due to the cut-off of analog broadcasting can't handle lowish signal strength which doesn't bother any other brand and the tuner is quite erratic. I had kept my 30 yr old analog TV in perfect condition - I only had to fix the on/off button & a dirty contrast control but it wasn't suitable for the digital converters that became available. The fact that there is only about 2½ hours of programming worth watching doesn't annoy me too much any more :oops:.

Samsung strikes again !!

They got over exploding iphones, washing machines that catch fire etc etc but still manage to stuff up every other product :( My Samsung digital TV that I was forced to buy due to the cut-off of analog broadcasting can't handle lowish signal strength which doesn't bother any other brand and the tuner is quite erratic. I had kept my 30 yr old analog TV in perfect condition - I only had to fix the on/off button & a dirty contrast control but it wasn't suitable for the digital converters that became available. The fact that there is only about 2½ hours of programming worth watching doesn't annoy me too much any more :oops:.
We had an energy efficient LG washer that had a "self balancing" feature that failed so often and we made so many service calls, that after replacing the first machine, when the second one had the same issue, they just sent a full refund and asked us to never buy one of their machines again.

Samsung strikes again !!

We were lucky as we bought a Toshiba many many moons ago because it was on special for some reason.

Even though it is venerable it handles all the digital changeovers with no problem.

The 'other' brand smaller spare one has now gone from mostly not real good to completely useless.

We have an old Kelvinator fridge that we bought second hand in 1977 and have "replaced" at least five times but always kept as a drinks fridge. It gets thrown back in service quite regularly when the new replacement craps out. At one stage it spent 10 years in storage but still worked the moment it was plugged back in. Single door, no freezer model

My Grandmother had a Kelvinator fridge she purchased in the 1950's. It was impressive with all the trim that resembled a 1954 Pontiac Catalina. Depending on which way you pulled the handle determined if the door would open to the right or to the left.
She gave it to the neighbors (long time family friends) when she moved in the 1990's, who used it as a back up fridge in their garage.

It is still working to this day...

My mother had - wait for it - a General Motors Holden fridge. Holden was an Australian car company owned in part by GM.
The fridge went from 1959 to 1990 ish until it went into retirement in the shed. Freezer in the top and crisper at the bottom.

Best part was it was the coolest fridge in town. Gloss black with stainless steel trim.

I was called "old" by a 20-something today.
The douchebag was trying to figure out an issue with their car and when I offered a suggestion how to fix it, I was told that old people have no concept of the internet or the fix-it videos on YouTube.

Me trying to take the high road failed - I told the peckerwood that, first off, "we" invented the interwebs for later generations and, most of those YouTube videos were made by dumbasses who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
He responded by telling me that his info came from a YouTube mechanic who had been in the business for almost ten years!

I told the kid that I am an ASE Master Tech with over 40 years in the industry - that means I habe been turning wrenches longer than his YouTube messiah's parents have been alive, but by all means, listen to a child and to eff yourself when it all goes wrong.

I was called "old" by a 20-something today.
The douchebag was trying to figure out an issue with their car and when I offered a suggestion how to fix it, I was told that old people have no concept of the internet or the fix-it videos on YouTube.

Me trying to take the high road failed - I told the peckerwood that, first off, "we" invented the interwebs for later generations and, most of those YouTube videos were made by dumbasses who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
He responded by telling me that his info came from a YouTube mechanic who had been in the business for almost ten years!

I told the kid that I am an ASE Master Tech with over 40 years in the industry - that means I habe been turning wrenches longer than his YouTube messiah's parents have been alive, but by all means, listen to a child and to eff yourself when it all goes wrong.
Remember to hit them with the logic that they age faster than the last generation.

For example - if someone is 20 and you are 60 then when they were one year old you were forty times older than
them. But now at 60 to 20 you are only three times older...... in other words they are going to be an old person
in a lot less time than it took you. When a peckerwood is involved the look on their face is priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back