What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1688412707771.png

Lucky us. Long before NBN was a political word we got a network (TransACT) set up in the city that has been expanded on as each new suburb is created and we are spares all that sh1t that is associated with NBN and the stupid political interference that has gone on for well over a decade. I truly feel for you guys. :D

I did not know that the ACT did that but I do know that before the nbn came along Tasmania was supplying the internet over the power grid very successfully.

Hopefully one of our Tassie members can advise that they kept that instead of going to the nbn.

i sometimes think you guys think i make this stuff up ?

so today, 2 ladies on a spa day which includes a 2 course lunch, they order 2 x Korean fried chicken starters and 2 x Caeser salads with grilled chicken for main courses.
they request that one of the Caeser salads is made gluten free, i inform them that that is no problem but the starter they picked cannot be made gluten free.
"that's ok, i'll still have it" they say

so i send out the starters, again confirming they are not gluten free.
"i dont have an allergy to gluten" she says.

starter plates come back with one hardly touched.
is there a problem i ask.
no she said she has a small appetite and was saving herself for her main course but can she add a portion of fries to her Caeser salad !

i send out the main courses and barley 2 minutes later the waitress says they have picked up their drinks and left without touching the food.

we find them in the bar and ask what is wrong, why have they left their main courses untouched ?

"i have a deep fear of fish", she says "and when i saw the anchovies in the salad i panicked and ran out"

now it clearly states on my menu that the Caeser salad has anchovies in it but she didnt read that !

i give up !

If brains were gasoline some people would not have enough to start a cigarette lighter

I'm just gobsmacked and for the people who really have a gluten intolerant, these people make a mockery of what is a serious issue. :D

We have friends where he is gluten intolerant in a very big way and she is allergic to vinegar and a variety of spices. Having them over for a meal is a problem as that cuts out a lot of options so usually we have a bbq and bowls of salad items so it is make your own salad

I do not know the latest statistics but around 6 or 7 years back allergies had increased in Australia by 6000% over the previous 25 years. No that is not a typo. Six thousand percent.

As the old saying goes we are what we eat and during that period it became fashionable to eat low fat and fat reduced foods that were basically real food with a bucket of chemicals thrown in. Then add fad diets like gluten free for people who do not need it and all the "health food" and supplement tablets and other unnatural crap people eat in the name of health. Next add all the processed foods that people eat. Ham and bacon that was a live pig yesterday and on its way to the supermarket today processed using chemicals for smoke and flavour instead of taking months to process. In Europe meat glue is prohibited but it is allowed in Aus and many other countries.

I cannot say if it is the same in other countries but the white high fibre bread sold in Aus has very finely shredded chicken feathers bleached in chlorine as the high fibre content.

In many countries now white flour is not the old middle of the grain filtered but the whole grain ground so fine that the husk is the same size as flour particles and again is bleached in chlorine to make it white.

In the US and Aus all chicken must be sterilised in chlorine before being sold. Chlorine is not suitable for human consumption.

In the US and countries that export farmed fish to the US the fish must be in a closed system so that any disease is trapped in the pond with the fish. Smarter countries insist the fish are farmed in cages in clean rivers and ocean bays where the water is constantly changing.

No wonder why allergies and other diseases are increasing so rapidly when the health "experts" are forcing most people to eat crap that the human body was never designed to process.

One of the great advantages of living in the middle of nowhere is that the butcher makes real ham and real bacon. Yes it costs a lot more but it does not shrink while cooking and the taste is soooo much better. The Saturday farmers market has fruit and vegetables that were picked Friday - not a month ago - and again the taste difference is unreal. Our cost of living is much higher but our quality of life more than make up for everything except the crap medical. But good health care is only a 2 to 5 hours away if you need it and in emergencies the air ambos in their helicopters can be on the ground close by in about half an hour..

I do not know the latest statistics but around 6 or 7 years back allergies had increased in Australia by 6000% over the previous 25 years. No that is not a typo. Six thousand percent.

As the old saying goes we are what we eat and during that period it became fashionable to eat low fat and fat reduced foods that were basically real food with a bucket of chemicals thrown in. Then add fad diets like gluten free for people who do not need it and all the "health food" and supplement tablets and other unnatural crap people eat in the name of health. Next add all the processed foods that people eat. Ham and bacon that was a live pig yesterday and on its way to the supermarket today processed using chemicals for smoke and flavour instead of taking months to process. In Europe meat glue is prohibited but it is allowed in Aus and many other countries.

I cannot say if it is the same in other countries but the white high fibre bread sold in Aus has very finely shredded chicken feathers bleached in chlorine as the high fibre content.

In many countries now white flour is not the old middle of the grain filtered but the whole grain ground so fine that the husk is the same size as flour particles and again is bleached in chlorine to make it white.

In the US and Aus all chicken must be sterilised in chlorine before being sold. Chlorine is not suitable for human consumption.

In the US and countries that export farmed fish to the US the fish must be in a closed system so that any disease is trapped in the pond with the fish. Smarter countries insist the fish are farmed in cages in clean rivers and ocean bays where the water is constantly changing.

No wonder why allergies and other diseases are increasing so rapidly when the health "experts" are forcing most people to eat crap that the human body was never designed to process.

One of the great advantages of living in the middle of nowhere is that the butcher makes real ham and real bacon. Yes it costs a lot more but it does not shrink while cooking and the taste is soooo much better. The Saturday farmers market has fruit and vegetables that were picked Friday - not a month ago - and again the taste difference is unreal. Our cost of living is much higher but our quality of life more than make up for everything except the crap medical. But good health care is only a 2 to 5 hours away if you need it and in emergencies the air ambos in their helicopters can be on the ground close by in about half an hour..

I once required by joke the director of our laboratory to analyse a tablet of US Army chlorine disinfection tablet supposed to be used for a quarter gallon canteen.
He had it performed and told me it was enough to sterilize a full pail and to kill all your gut flora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back