What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm afraid I am going to lose my job, therefore I will refuse to work.
Makes sense to me. 🤔

We went thru a period where our company started laying employees off and replacing them with contractors. We ( the Union) warned management that they were not thinking this thru very well. Sure enough, it turned into operational disaster for everything they outsourced. Every contractor they brought in, ended up with their employees voting to unionize due to the poor treatment by their companies. It was bad enough that DoD management got involved. Just heard a few weeks ago that the biggest contractor was being let go at the end of their contract and we were looking to hire most of the people that were assigned to our facility.

This makes about the 7th management bright idea cost reducer that has blown up in their face and cost the company a lot of money instead of reducing costs.

Continuous worries about the strikes in Hollwood on the news. I don't watch that much TV anymore so the strike is an improvement. The garbage that passes for movies and the TV shows are so cruddy that I hope the strike becomes permanent.

The last writers strike resulted in the invention of "reality" tv which is the most stomach churning tv ever produced

I agree 150%. What passes for entertainment is a joke.
That's because comedy can no longer exist. Why you ask? Because *someone* or some"thing" will be offended. Can't hurt anyone's itty-bitties any more. AND whilst I'm here, I'll address the elephant in the room: According to the major networks and advertising gurus, 90+% of couples in the United States are now either mixed race or homosexual....with children.

That's because comedy can no longer exist. Why you ask? Because *someone* or some"thing" will be offended. Can't hurt anyone's itty-bitties any more. AND whilst I'm here, I'll address the elephant in the room: According to the major networks and advertising gurus, 90+% of couples in the United States are now either mixed race or homosexual....with children.
It's not just in the US... here in England there is a backlash starting against over representation of BAME minorities.

According to the major networks and advertising gurus, 90+% of couples in the United States are now either mixed race or homosexual....with children.
I think I saw a TV commercial that did not feature a black person the other day. I wish I had made some notes on it so I could report those racist bastards.

Please note: The use of the term "bastards" does not reflect any intent to criticize voluntary single mother households, which are well known as the pillar of our society.

What do you do when the people responsible for these debacles are:
1. Very Senior Management
2. Very Recently Retired.
Around here. the more one F+ ups, the higher and faster they get promoted.... Usually. IN a couple of cases, they were caught diddling direct reports, so they were shown the door in rather quick fashion. Corporate head shed was big on not having stuff like that and the new top guy got caught doing it a couple weeks after becoming the head honcho.

I find children offensive.

I think I saw a TV commercial that did not feature a black person the other day. I wish I had made some notes on it so I could report those racist bastards.

Please note: The use of the term "bastards" does not reflect any intent to criticize voluntary single mother households, which are well known as the pillar of our society.
Thank you.

People of unlegitimate ancestry.

An example of that management styles intelligence.

The boat race

Once upon a time the Public Service and Industry decided to have a competition boat race on a river.

Both teams practised long and hard to reach their peak performance.

On the big day, they were as ready as they could be.

Industry won by a mile!

Afterwards the Public Service team became very discouraged by the loss and morale sagged. Senior management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found and a project team was set up to investigate the problem and recommend appropriate action.

THE CONCLUSION:

· The problem was Industry had eight people rowing, and one person steering.
· The Public Service had one person rowing and eight people steering.

Senior management immediately hired a consultancy company to do a study on the team structure. Millions of dollars and several months later the consultancy company concluded that:

"Too many people were steering and not enough rowing."

To prevent losing to Industry again next year, the team structure was changed to:
  • Four Steering Managers
  • Three Senior Steering Managers and
  • One Executive Steering Manager
  • One rower

A new quality performance system was set up for the person rowing the boat to give more incentive to work harder and become a key performer.

THE NEXT YEAR INDUSTRY WON BY TWO MILES!

The Public Service laid off the rower for poor performance, sold all the paddles and cancelled all the capital investment for new equipment.

They halted the development of a new canoe, awarded high performance awards to the Consultants and distributed the money saved to Senior Management.

An example of that management styles intelligence.

The boat race

Once upon a time the Public Service and Industry decided to have a competition boat race on a river.

Both teams practised long and hard to reach their peak performance.

On the big day, they were as ready as they could be.

Industry won by a mile!

Afterwards the Public Service team became very discouraged by the loss and morale sagged. Senior management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found and a project team was set up to investigate the problem and recommend appropriate action.

THE CONCLUSION:

· The problem was Industry had eight people rowing, and one person steering.
· The Public Service had one person rowing and eight people steering.

Senior management immediately hired a consultancy company to do a study on the team structure. Millions of dollars and several months later the consultancy company concluded that:

"Too many people were steering and not enough rowing."

To prevent losing to Industry again next year, the team structure was changed to:
  • Four Steering Managers
  • Three Senior Steering Managers and
  • One Executive Steering Manager
  • One rower

A new quality performance system was set up for the person rowing the boat to give more incentive to work harder and become a key performer.

THE NEXT YEAR INDUSTRY WON BY TWO MILES!

The Public Service laid off the rower for poor performance, sold all the paddles and cancelled all the capital investment for new equipment.

They halted the development of a new canoe, awarded high performance awards to the Consultants and distributed the money saved to Senior Management.
That is so close to reality it is funny but at the same time scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back